Excelis Dawns was the first audio story in the Excelis Saga.
Publisher's summary Edit
Here she is discovered by the Doctor and the reasonably brutal warlord Grayvorn. Together — with a peculiar nun they pick up en route — they must travel the forests and swamps of this ghastly world in Iris's double decker bus in order to tussle — to the death — with a horde of flesh-eating zombies for a mysterious and holy relic of unfathomable value and questionable pedigree.
But what is the Mother Superior's part in all this?
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Iris Wildthyme - Katy Manning
- Warlord Grayvorn - Anthony Head
- Sister Jolene - Posy Miller
- Mother Superior - Patricia Leventon
- The Zombie King - Billy Miller
- The Doctor, Adric, Nyssa and "that shrill Australian woman" spent Christmas with Iris on one occasion.
- This is the first part of the Excelis Saga.
- This story marks the first appearance of Iris Wildthyme in an audio drama.
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 November 2001.
- This story takes place while the Doctor is transporting the Gravis to Kolkokron with Tegan. Shortly after arriving on Artaris, Tegan and the Doctor get into an argument upon realising that they are in the wrong place, prompting the Doctor to send Tegan to wait in the TARDIS for the whole of this adventure. (TV: Frontios)
- The Doctor mentions Adric's death. (TV: Earthshock)
- The Doctor gives an alternate explanation of the appearance of his five incarnations in TV: The Five Doctors.
- Iris refers to the time when she and six of her other incarnations were brought to the Death Zone by Morbius. (PROSE: Verdigris)
- Iris claims to have been present at the Great Fire of London in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- Iris got her handbag on Hyspero, a planet she visited in PROSE: The Scarlet Empress.
- The Doctor would later return to Artaris 1,000 years later during his sixth incarnation (AUDIO: Excelis Rising) and 1,300 years later during his seventh incarnation. (AUDIO: Excelis Decays)
- Official Excelis Dawns page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Excelis Dawns at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide