Excelis Dawns was the first audio story in the Excelis Saga.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Here she is discovered by the Doctor and the reasonably brutal warlord Grayvorn. Together — with a peculiar nun they pick up en route — they must travel the forests and swamps of this ghastly world in Iris's double decker bus in order to tussle — to the death — with a horde of flesh-eating zombies for a mysterious and holy relic of unfathomable value and questionable pedigree.
But what is the Mother Superior's part in all this?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Iris Wildthyme - Katy Manning
- Warlord Grayvorn - Anthony Head
- Sister Jolene - Posy Miller
- Mother Superior - Patricia Leventon
- The Zombie King - Billy Miller
References[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor, Adric, Nyssa and "that shrill Australian woman" spent Christmas with Iris on one occasion.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first part of the Excelis Saga.
- This story marks the first appearance of Iris Wildthyme in an audio drama. She is played by Katy Manning, known for playing the Third Doctor's companion Jo Grant. This incarnation is contradictorily as a unique incarnation or the same incarnation as the "Beryl Reid" Iris from story to story. This story seems to imply the latter.
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 November 2001 at The Moat Studios.
- Originally released on CD, this story was made available for download on 24 April 2008.
- This story is set during the final episode of Frontios.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This story takes place while the Doctor is attempting to return to Frontios after transporting the Gravis to Kolkokron with Tegan. Shortly after arriving on Artaris, Tegan and the Doctor get into an argument upon realising that they are in the wrong place, prompting the Doctor to send Tegan to wait in the TARDIS for the whole of this adventure. (TV: Frontios)
- Iris claims she helped the Doctor thwart the Sontarans' plan to invade Gallifrey, (TV: The Invasion of Time) and defeat Omega. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Doctor mentions Adric's death. (TV: Earthshock)
- The Doctor gives an alternate explanation of the appearance of his five incarnations in TV: The Five Doctors.
- Iris refers to the time when she and six of her other incarnations were brought to the Death Zone by Morbius. (PROSE: Bafflement and Devotion, Verdigris)
- Iris claims to have been present at the Great Fire of London in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- Iris got her handbag on Hyspero, a planet she visited in PROSE: The Scarlet Empress.
- The Doctor would later return to Artaris 1,000 years later during his sixth incarnation (AUDIO: Excelis Rising) and 1,300 years later during his seventh incarnation. (AUDIO: Excelis Decays)
- Iris would also later return to Artaris with Bernice Summerfield. (AUDIO: The Plague Herds of Excelis)
- The last time Iris met the Doctor was on Marlion where they met the Daleks. (PROSE: Bafflement and Devotion)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official Excelis Dawns page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Excelis Dawns at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide