Escape from Kaldor was the first story in the audio anthology Ravenous 2, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Returning to a home world she’d rather forget, Liv reluctantly accompanies Helen to the grand opening of a luxury shopping mall. But when a glitch in the system sends the Robots of Death on a rampage, Liv’s past comes crashing down about her.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Tula Chenka / SV111 / SV23 - Claire Rushbrook
- Kit Laver - Richard Popple
- Galla Posca - David Rintoul
- Hadway / Salma / V75 - Tracy Wiles
- Sol / Security Guard / Comtech / V21 / V616 - John Dorney
- The Kaldor Bionetwork allows people to find one another.
- This story, its setting, and the inclusion of Claire Rushbrook in the role of Tula Chenka, Liv's sister, served as a backdoor pilot for Big Finish's spin-off series entitled The Robots, which saw Liv spending a year off from travelling in the TARDIS to reconcile on Kaldor with her sister. Behind the scenes, Nicola Walker expressed her immense excitement when presented with the idea of such a series by her agent. (BFX: The Robots of Life) For listeners of the Ravenous range, the Doctor and Helen Sinclair travel forwards in time to shorten the gap, making The Robots very much optional listening.
- The Doctor recalls being present at the Storm Mine 4 (TV: The Robots of Death) and Lorelei incidents in previous incarnations. (AUDIO: Robophobia)
- Helen mentions her inability to return to her time and family and what Liv told her back in Calcot about her father. (AUDIO: Absent Friends)
- The Doctor mentions the Sons of Kaldor and the danger they will pose in Kaldor's future. (AUDIO: The Sons of Kaldor)