Equilibrium was the one hundred and ninety-sixth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Janet Fielding as Tegan Jovanka and Mark Strickson as Turlough.
Publisher's summary Edit
Still looking for a way out of E-Space, the TARDIS crashes to Isenfel - a realm of snow and ice. Snarling beasts stalk the frozen plains, a feisty princess leads the hunt, and a queen in an ice palace rules over her loyal subjects.
But this is no fairytale kingdom, and everyone in Isenfel knows the price of survival. While Nyssa and Tegan uncover deadly secrets hidden in the palace, Turlough flees for his life across the tundra.
And as for the Doctor... he only ever wants to change things for the better. But in a world such as Isenfel, such a hope may not even be possible.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Tegan - Janet Fielding
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Karlina - Annette Badland
- Balancer Skaarsgard/Viktor Skaarsgard - Nickolas Grace
- Inger - Joanna Kirkland
- Jesper - John Albasiny
- Romy - Ella Kenion
- Tegan sarcastically refers to the people of Isenfel as looking like they were having an ABBA tribute night due to their blond hair and blue eyes.
- Turlough does not know how to ride a bicycle.
- Borusa always said that the Doctor's ability to understand logical systems far surpassed his ability to explain them.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- The cover illustration for this audio story was designed by artist Will Brooks.
- Tegan refers to the fact that Pik Solus stole the interface stabiliser on Alzarius. (AUDIO: Mistfall)
- After Pik Solus crashed his planet hopper on Isenfel, Balancer Skaarsgard killed him to maintain equilibrium. (AUDIO: Mistfall)
- Nyssa refers to Adric's death. (TV: Earthshock)