Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Kadett follow the Cybermen's map to Centuria's arctic zone...
Wandering the arctic lands of Centuria in search of the Cybermen's base, the Doctor and Kadett are attacked by a rogue-half cybernised drone called Homaj. He backs down when he realises they are human.
Homaj can't face returning to the mines where the Cybermen are using drones to mine hargstones (precious jewels with many industrial uses). An attack by a native giant, purple Ice Snake is brought to an end by the Cybermen and their cyber-converted dogs. Homaj runs off into the frozen wasteland but the Doctor and Kadett are captured and taken to a huge mine below the ice.
Inside the mine, the Doctor creates a distraction while Kadett steals explosives. The distraction causes a Cyberman to split one of the cave walls, disturbing a nest of Ice Snakes, which attack them. Fleeing the mine, the Doctor and Kadett see the Cyber Ship has already departed with its cargo. Homaj is waiting for them. He tells them he intercepted a message saying that the cargo was going to Centuria Central. He takes the explosives from Kadett and heads back to the mine. In an act of self-sacrifice, he permanently seals the mine. The Doctor and Kadett leave in pursuit of the Cybership.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Cybermen featured in this story were those from Pete's World.
- The cyberdogs are similar in concept to the cybermat.
- In The Next Doctor, the Cybus Cybermen use Cybershades which are also cyber-converted from animals, but have a different appearance.
- This comic strip and the three comic strips that follow to conclude the story in the Battles in Time magazine, mark the only time the Cybus Industries Cybermen have appeared in a comic, and the only time so far any Cybermen have featured in a new series comic.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to associate its Doctor with the one seen on screen by using "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
Original print details Edit
- 3/4 DWBIT 10 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added