- You may wish to consult
Endgame (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Endgame was the fourth volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections and the first to feature the Eighth Doctor. In included those Eighth Doctor DWM strips with the earliest release dates.
Like all in the series, it was notable for its high quality digital restoration of the comics. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original, monochromatic version of the comics since they were first published in DWM in the mid-1990s.
Collected comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The time-travelling Doctor is now in his eighth incarnation – and back in this bumper collection of classic comic tales!
Don't miss six more astonishing adventures: ENDGAME, THE KEEP, FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, TOOTH AND CLAW, THE FINAL CHAPTER, and WORMWOOD, plus two bonus stories: A LIFE OF MATTER AND DEATH and BY HOOK OR BY CROOK!
With new companions sci-fi geek Izzy and super-cool spy Fey Truscott-Sade by his side, the Doctor must confront an armada of his deadliest enemies! Classic foes the Daleks and the Celestial Toymaker are joined by high society vampires, killer chimpanzees, psychic parasites, the dreaded Elysian Cult and the transdimensional conspirators known as the Threshold!
The heroic Time Lord is also joined by old friends UFO-spotter Maxwell Edison and the mysterious Matrix agent Shayde in a series of amazing voyages ranging from the strange village of Stockbridge to the Doctor's fabled homeworld of Gallifrey!
PLUS a special 16-page behind-the-scenes feature! Discover unused story synopses, character designs by artists Martin Geraghty and Adrian Salmon, original pencil art and a detailed authors' commentary by Alan Barnes and Scott Gray for every story!
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
- The Keep
- Fire and Brimstone
- Tooth and Claw
- The Final Chapter
- A Life of Matter and Death
- By Hook or By Crook
- The Threshold
- Commentary (by Alan Barnes and Scott Gray)
- About the Authors
- Project Editor and Designer: Clayton Hickman
- Artwork scanning and digital cleanup: Peri Godbold
- Additional scanning and clean-up: DL Repro, James Clarkson and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: Martin Geraghty
- Colours: Adrian Salmon
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: Alan Barnes, Martin Geraghty, Gary Gillatt, Scott Gray, and Rosemarie Harrison and Tom Spilsbury.
- This is the first of four collections featuring the run of Eighth Doctor stories and contains 226 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Martin Geraghty and priced at £14.99 (UK).
- Martin Geraghty also provided a new full page B&W negative image of the Eighth Doctor's comic strip character encounters.
- All the comic strip stories featured in this first volume have been cleaned up and are presented as they first appeared in the pages of Doctor Who Monthly, complete with opening and closing captions.
- After the original run went out of print, Panini reprinted this volume in 2014.