Empire of the Racnoss was the second story in Classic Doctors, New Monsters: Volume Two, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Scott Handcock and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor, as ever, wants to help, but in returning a wounded combatant home, he becomes further and further entangled in a web of deceit and recrimination. A web spun by an eight-legged Empress and her minions...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Racnoss Empress - Adjoa Andoh
- Old Racnoss Emperor / Herrax - Nigel Planer
- Racnoss Consort - Andrew French
- Alayna - Lisa Kay
- The Doctor quips that the Racnoss Consort must have eaten a lot of flies to reach his size.
- The Doctor boasts that his TARDIS beats an escape pod any day of the week, "except perhaps Pancake Tuesdays."
- The Doctor compares the bickering of the Racnoss Empress and Alayna to having two Tegans in the TARDIS at the same time.
- The Doctor describes the Racnoss Wars as "a long and bloody affair".
- The plot of the story is partially inspired by the play Medea. (BFX: Classic Doctors, New Monsters: Volume Two)
- The Empress of the Racnoss refers to the Webstar. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Old Racnoss Emperor refers to Huon energy. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Racnoss were almost wiped out by the Fledgling Empires, including Gallifrey, during the Dark Times. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Doctor makes use of the fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction, et. al)
- The Doctor would encounter an Empress of the Racnoss again in London on 24 December 2007 during his tenth incarnation. (TV: The Runaway Bride)