Emperor of the Daleks! was a 1993 multi-Doctor comic story in the pages of Doctor Who Magazine. Its publication ran across the landmark 200th issue of DWM and the part which appeared in that issue was originally printed in full colour, a highly unusual occurrence in the magazine at that time.
Narratively, the story was remarkable for the fact that it brought together the Sixth and Seventh Doctors, Davros, Abslom Daak and Bernice Summerfield. It, therefore, relied heavily on established continuity and demanded the reader have a fair grasp of Daak's backstory, which had been printed in the magazine ten years earlier. More significantly, the story acted as a prequel to Remembrance of the Daleks, branching Davros's story between Revelation and Remembrance.
to be added
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Sixth Doctor
- Peri Brown
- Abslom Daak
- Emperor Dalek
- Psyche Dalek
- The Sixth Doctor uses Dalekanium wire to diffuse Dalek weaponry.
- The Psyche Dalek appears.
- An Alpha Centauran worked as a bar attendant at the bar the Doctors, Benny and Ablsom Daak go to.
- Benny quotes from Monty Python.
- Technobots are used by the Daleks to move information.
- The story picks up plot threads from the television stories Planet of the Daleks and Revelation of the Daleks and the comic story Nemesis of the Daleks and also acts as a prequel to Remembrance of the Daleks from Davros' point of view.
- The Sixth Doctor mentions a "mattress in Perivale" to the Seventh Doctor, a reference to Survival. However, in that particular story, the Doctor landed on an abandoned sofa, not a mattress.
- The Sixth Doctor remarks that he got the dalekanium wire from Frobisher. (COMIC: The Shape Shifter et al.)
- Benny claims to have done a thesis on Ice Warrior humour. (PROSE: Legacy)
- The Daleks mention events that took place on planet Hell involving Abslom Daak, including his apparent death. (COMIC: Nemesis of the Daleks)
- The Doctor refers to the Hand of Omega. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Davros gains an army of Daleks and ends up in a different casing. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Abslom Daak, Dalek Killer - Synopses of all the Abslom Daak comics
- NZDWFC - Guide to the Abslom Daak comics with synopses