Empathy Games was the fourth story of the third series of The Companion Chronicles, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nigel Fairs, narrated by Louise Jameson and featured the Fourth Doctor and Leela.
The present: Leela is doomed, trapped inside a prison cell of a dead race.
The past: After a disaster aboard the TARDIS, the Fourth Doctor and Leela arrive at the capital city of Synchronis, a world renowned for peace and civility. But an attack by a vicious creature leaves the Doctor in a coma, and Leela is persuaded to fight in the forthcoming Empathy Games, where she discovers that nothing on this world is as it seems.
to be added
- In the fire which destroys the secondary console room, the edges of the Doctor's scarf are burned.
- The Waters of Empathy is one of the 700 Wonders of the Universe.
- When an elder of the Sevateem dies, it is customary for other warriors to guard their body in order to protect their soul from evil spirits until sunrise.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 July 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- This story takes place between The Talons of Weng-Chiang and Horror of Fang Rock.
- This story was told from Leela's perspective.
- Leela refers to her imprisonment by the Z'nai. (AUDIO: The Catalyst)
- The Doctor tells Leela that he once saw an entire planet destroyed by fire many years earlier. (TV: Inferno)
- The secondary control room is completely destroyed. The Doctor tells Leela that there are plenty of other control rooms, prompting him to start using the original control room again. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- Leela refers to Xoanon. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Time Lords have the ability to place themselves in a coma voluntarily. (TV: Spearhead from Space)
- The Doctor leaves Leela a psychic message telling her to "Wait for [him]". (TV: World Enough and Time)
- Leela recalls hunting with Tomas on her home planet during their childhood. (TV: The Face of Evil)