Ianto Jones' mother, Glenda, watched Emmerdale. When Ianto accepted her offer to come over for tea, Glenda asked that he not arrive during Emmerdale. Ianto planned to come before 7, to watch the episode together. (AUDIO: Broken)
Behind the scenes
- Lance Parkin was a storyline editor for Emmerdale between 1998 and 1999, and once appeared as an extra on the series. Since then, he was written both fiction and non-fiction connected to Emmerdale. In his Emmerdale novel Their Finest Hour, the Eighth Doctor is featured in a cameo. The cameo was later verified by Lance that it was indeed intended to be the Eighth Doctor.
"a man in a long dark coat with light brown hair stood at the back, keeping himself to himself."
- A handful of Doctor Who actors have appeared in the soap over the years. Two of the most famous examples are Frazer Hines, who portrayed Joe Sugden from the very first episode in 1972 and until 1994, and Jenna Coleman, in her first television role, as Jasmine Thomas from 2005 to 2009. In 2007, Coleman was even joined by her eventual onscreen Doctor Who love interest, Samuel Anderson, who played the role of Ross Kirk, also until 2009, though their characters never interacted to any significant degree.
- Harry Whittaker, the child actor who originated the role of Leo Goskirk, was Jodie Whittaker's nephew. Whittaker, who had Down syndrome, passed away in 2014 at the age of three. 
- Emily Head, who portrayed Rebecca White from 2016 to 2018, is the daughter of Anthony Head.
- Chelsea Halfpenny, who originated the role of Amy Wyatt, is the niece of Jill Halfpenny.
- Freddie Jones, who played Sandy Thomas from 2005 to 2018, was the father of Toby Jones.