Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
On the planet Omnia, a young man leads the Doctor and Peri through the battle-scarred ruins of a city. Among the rubble he shows them proof that their invaders and new masters, thought to be invincible, can be defeated. The proof is the blasted, burnt-out remains of a Dalek.
But this is a Dalek-occupied world like few others. For one thing, there are few Daleks to be seen. And for another, the Daleks have appointed an Omnian, Magister Carmen Rega, to govern the planet as their emissary.
Why are the Daleks not present in force? And can the Doctor and Peri risk helping the Omnians, when the least show of resistance will be met with devastating reprisals from space?
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part three[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part four[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri - Nicola Bryant
- Carmen - Saskia Reeves
- Aldo - William Ellis
- Shayna / Tasha - Natasha Karp
- Kalib / Scientist - Ray Cezan
- Gordus - John Rayment
- Hingus - Bruce Alexander
- Watcher / Operative - Richard Keith
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
Uncredited cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Gordus mentions the First Republic, which existed 230 years ago.
- Omnia Prime, as a superpower, rose before the Omnian Empire.
- Aldo refers to the Battle of Destiny, which the Omnians lost. It ended 12 years ago, when the Daleks took over Omnia.
- Hingus, while still pretending to be a resistance sympathiser, claims to have served as a sergeant in the Omnian Army, specifically the Omnian Third Regiment.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Daleks have constructed the Over City on Omnia.
- Aldo takes the Doctor and others to the Forbidden Quadrant.
Literature[edit | edit source]
- Reading, writing and written texts have been outlawed on Omnia by the Daleks.
Occupations[edit | edit source]
- Gordus is the sexton of the Field of the Dead.
- Carmen Rega is the Magister. The previous Magister was a tyrant, according to Carmen, but opposed the Daleks.
- Major Steen is an Officer of the Watch.
Technology[edit | edit source]
- The Watch use sizzler guns, weapons which can be set to kill or stun.
- Refractive energy barriers are used for security, opened with encrypted key terminals.
Minerals and substances[edit | edit source]
- Many Omnians have been sent to work in vitanium mines.
- The Doctor is placed in a cell made of a Dalekanium alloy, 2 feet thick. This alloy is used elsewhere in the Over City, as well.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nicholas Briggs based his voice for the Dalek Supreme on his Dalek Emperor from The Parting of the Ways, comparing it more to the "new series" Supreme Daleks than to the higher-pitched voices commonly given to the Dalek Supreme in the classic series. (BFX: Emissary of the Daleks)
- This story was recorded on 17 & 18 January 2019 at the Moat Studios.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Daleks use rels as a measure of time. (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine, The Mutant Phase, The Four Doctors, Blood of the Daleks, TV: Doomsday, et al.)
- The Doctor encounters a special weapons variant of a Dalek for the first time. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
[edit | edit source]