Effect and Cause was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology Shadow of the Daleks 2, which comprised the two hundred and seventieth release release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by John Dorney and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, with Nicholas Briggs as the Daleks.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Kelleher - Dervla Kirwan
- Milal - Anjli Mohindra
- Sandar - Jamie Parker
- Maran - Glen McCready
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The end of the story sees the Fifth Doctor discovering what has happened to Gallifrey during the Time War.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Fifth Doctor says that time ships have crashed into each other before, and that he has also done so.
- This includes time rams in his Third (TV: The Time Monster) and Sixth incarnation, (AUDIO: The Wormery) colliding with the Saturnius (AUDIO: The Unknown) and a Thrantasian time ship (AUDIO: The Trial of a Time Machine) in his Seventh incarnation, and colliding TARDISes in his Fifth and Tenth incarnation (TV: Time Crash).
- The first eight Doctors also time rammed their TARDISes against the Master's TARDIS in order to defeat him in a pocket dimension. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- The Tenth Doctor time rammed an imitation of the TARDIS in the Time Vortex in an attempt to save Cindy Wu. (COMIC: Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth)
- The Daleks also used a time ram against a factory default TARDIS and the Eighth Doctor's TARDIS when its defences were removed. (AUDIO: Tangled Web, X and the Daleks)
- The Daleks launched a temporal bomb in the origins of Gallifrey, which the Doctor assumes is revenge for his own attempt to wipe out the Daleks in their past. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
[edit | edit source]