Echoes of War was the second story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: The Time War 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
Publisher's summary Edit
To stay alive, they must cross a landscape where time itself is corrupted. A forest which cycles through growth and decay, where sounds of battle are never far away, and where strange creatures lurk all around.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- Rupa Maguire - Nimmy March
- Quarren Maguire - David Ganly
- Jefferson - Hywel Morgan
- Dal/Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Cardinal Ollistra - Jacqueline Pearce
- Captain Tamasan - Karina Fernandez
- Time distortion covers the jungle planet, causing the jungle to grow and die and regrow and die again, and echoes of the time war in poisoned time-space. It is a trap Ollistra set for a Dalek fleet.
- Dal counts time in rels.
- Bliss is an alumna of Luna University.
- Now devourers are time disruptors that release chronon dispersals the Doctor remembers from Jane's Guide to Temporal Weapons. They are nanoscopic weapons that destroy the very concept of linear time.
- Rupa exclaims "what on Ganymede?"
- Bliss reflects that she thought the war was "ancient history," but a time war "doesn't work like that."
- The time war forces the monkey-like natives to evolve back and forth.
- The Twenty-Ninth Fleet and Third Patrex Battalion are Gallifrey regiments.
- Type 120s are new battle TARDISes.
to be added
- This story follows on directly from the Doctor rescuing the survivors of the Theseus. (AUDIO: The Starship of Theseus)
- The TARDIS will become an empty shell again. (TV: Father's Day)