Dreamland was the final release in the Sarah Jane Smith audio stories produced by Big Finish Productions. It concluded the Crimson Chapter story-arc that had began in the first series, and it also concluded Sarah and Josh Townsend adventures together.
In obvious anticipation of being able to make a follow-up series, it ended on a cliffhanger. However, Elisabeth Sladen was put under contract for The Sarah Jane Adventures soon after the recording of this adventure, and the Sarah Jane Smith audio series was subsequently discontinued — leaving the cliffhanger unresolved.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Sarah Jane Smith is still dealing with the tragic consequences of recent events when she is offered the chance of a lifetime — a place on the world's first tourist flight into space. The trip's sponsor, Sir Donald Wakefield, believes it is her destiny. But after her recent experiences, what does Sarah still believe in?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
- Josh Townsend - Jeremy James
- Natalie Redfern - Sadie Miller
- Sir Donald Wakefield - Stephen Greif
- Ben Kimmel - Jon Weinberg
- Mission Control - Toby Longworth
- Newsreader - Shaun Ley
- Maude - Patricia Leventon
References[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Tomorrows is based on the journals of Duke Giuliano, who wrote of his city being plagued by the Brotherhood of Demnos.
- Sir Donald Wakefield is Josh's father.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 24 November 2005.
- This was Elisabeth Sladen's final performance in a Big Finish audio drama before her death on 19 April 2011.
- Following this release, Sarah Jane only appeared in seven Short Trips audio releases before finally featuring in another full-cast audio with Return of the Cybermen on 17 March 2021, nearly 15 years after the release of Dreamland. There, Sadie Miller, Sladen's daughter, took on the role of Sarah Jane.
- It was released on or before 15 April 2006.
- Both Josh Townsend and Natalie Redfern make their final appearances.
- This story begins immediately after the deaths of the Keeper and Will Sullivan.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This is the first space tourism flight, which may place it in the same period as PROSE: Escape Velocity, which features the beginnings of private space operators.
- Sarah recalls the day the Doctor left her. (TV: The Hand of Fear)
- Sarah mentions her trip with Josh to Antarctica. (AUDIO: Snow Blind)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Big Finish News Index. Big Finish, via Web Archive.
[edit | edit source]