Dreamland was the final release in the Sarah Jane Smith audio stories produced by Big Finish Productions. It concluded the Crimson Chapter story-arc that had began in the first series, and it also concluded Sarah and Josh Townsend adventures together.
In obvious anticipation of being able to make a follow-up series, it ended on a cliffhanger. However, Elisabeth Sladen was put under contract for The Sarah Jane Adventures soon after the recording of this adventure, and the Sarah Jane Smith audio series was subsequently discontinued — leaving the cliffhanger unresolved.
Publisher's summary Edit
Sarah Jane Smith is still dealing with the tragic consequences of recent events when she is offered the chance of a lifetime — a place on the world's first tourist flight into space. The trip's sponsor, Sir Donald Wakefield, believes it is her destiny. But after her recent experiences, what does Sarah still believe in?
to be added
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
- Josh Townsend - Jeremy James
- Natalie Redfern - Sadie Miller
- Sir Donald Wakefield - Stephen Greif
- Ben Kimmel - Jon Weinberg
- Mission Control - Toby Longworth
- Newsreader - Shaun Ley
- Maude - Patricia Leventon
- The Book of Tomorrows is based on the journals of Duke Giuliano, who wrote of his city being plagued by the Brotherhood of Demnos.
- Sir Donald Wakefield is Josh's father.
- This was Elisabeth Sladen's final performance in a Big Finish audio drama before her death on 19 April 2011.
- Both Josh Townsend and Natalie Redfern make their final appearance.
- This story begins immediately after the deaths of the Keeper and Will Sullivan.
- This audio drama was recorded on 24 November 2005.
- This is the first space tourism flight, which may place it in the same period as PROSE: Escape Velocity, which features the beginnings of private space operators.
- Sarah recalls the day the Doctor left her. (TV: The Hand of Fear)
- Sarah mentions her trip with Josh to Antarctica. (AUDIO: Snow Blind)