- You may wish to consult
Dreadnoughtfor other, similarly-named pages.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Eighth Doctor arrives on a space vessel called the Dreadnought, where he meets Stacy, who is running from the Cybermen. They capture the Doctor and Stacy, who finds out that her fiancé, Bill, has become a Cyberman. The Cybermen tried to force the Doctor into revealing the secrets of time travel, but, as he refused to do so, they threatened to kill Stacy. In order to prevent Stacy's death, the Doctor led the Cybermen into the TARDIS. Once inside the TARDIS, the Doctor tries to make contact with the cyber-converted Bill, who then attacks him. When Stacy makes him remember their relationship, he makes the ultimate sacrifice, killing himself to stop the Cybermen. After this the Doctor and Stacy depart in the TARDIS.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Cybermen eyes are capable of infra-red scans.
- The Cybermen attempt to convert the Doctor into the first of a new breed of Cybermen that will conquer all of time and space, giving them the secrets of the Time Lords.
- Dreadnought is a deep space haulage ship. The Cybermen attack it in deep space.
- The Doctor describes the Cybermen as "evil, rapacious creatures."
- Bill and Stacy planned to get married at St. Christopher's Church in Norfolk after their tour of duty.
- Reversing the polarity of the TARDIS's neutron flow makes the Cybermen magnetically repellent to the TARDIS, Dreadnought, and each other, pulling everything apart and magnetically disassembling the Cybermen and the Dreadnought.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story featured a new, sleeker version of the Cybermen design, later adapted for the Cybermen that appeared in the webcast Real Time (possibly due to both using artist Lee Sullivan).
- Dreadnought was the comic debut of the Eighth Doctor. He was the first incarnation since the Fourth Doctor to make his comic debut outside Doctor Who Magazine.
- The back-up comic Prologue: The Eighth Doctor, also illustrated by Sullivan, showed an encounter with Cybermen of the same design.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Cybermen recognize that the Doctor has regenerated and pilot a Cyber-Warship. (TV: Silver Nemesis)
- The Doctor is still getting used to his new head. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Cybermen have weapons build into their heads and use Cybermats. (TV: Revenge of the Cybermen)
- The Cybermen try to get the secrets of time travel from the Doctor, something Axos attempted. (TV: The Claws of Axos)
- During conversion, the Doctor is in a "strange cybernetic version of the astral plane." (TV: Nightmare in Silver)
- The Cyber-Leader notes how they've threatened the Doctor's friends before. (TV: Earthshock)
- Cybermen enter the Doctor's TARDIS. (TV: Earthshock, Attack of the Cybermen)
- Bill attacks the Cyber-Leader and is called a "rogue Cyberman." (TV: Attack of the Cybermen)
- The Doctor reverses the polarity of the TARDIS's neutron flow. (TV: The Sea Devils et al)
- The Doctor intends to take Stacy home, something he previously tried with Ian Chesterton, Barbara Wright, and Tegan Jovanka. (TV: The Reign of Terror, The Visitation, AUDIO: Return to Skaro)