Dragons' Wrath is the second Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures novel and the first to feature Irving Braxiatel, and the first novel in which they shared a meaningful amount of time since Theatre of War. This is the first time that Irving has met Bernice in his personal timeline.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"What makes you think that?"
"Oh, you know, the usual. Cordoned-off area, security guards swapping war stories," Benny said, smiling. "The fact that you're here."
For one thing, Nusek is an evil warlord out to consolidate his power by any means necessary. For another, there's a body in the Theatrology building — and the dead man had an appointment with Benny's old friend, the mysterious Irving Braxiatel. Most worrying of all, the Gamalian Dragon, one of the best guarded and most valuable archaeological relics in known space, seems to be lying in a battered Gladstone bag on the floor of Benny's bedroom.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield
- Irving Braxiatel
- Newark Rappare
- Romolo Nusek
- Hugo Gamaliel
- Nicholas Clyde
- Ferdinand Archduke
References[edit | edit source]
Bars and pubs[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Irving Braxiatel meets Bernice for the first time.
- Irving Braxiatel is head of St Oscar's University Department of Theatrology.
- Newark Rappare is Professor of Art and artisan-in-residence at St Oscar's University. He is an excellent art forger.
- Ferdinand Archduke is Professor of Earth Literature, in the Department of Literature of the Milky Way. He is a specialist in Obscure Theatrical Forms.
- Benny meets Irving Braxiatel for the first time (for him); however she met him in most likely his future on the Braxiatel Collection.
Organisations[edit | edit source]
- The Knights of Jeneve a group of humans holding knowledge for the safety of all humanity, their saying is "Knowledge above all".
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This was the sixth novel (though only fourth BNA) to be adapted by Big Finish Productions as part of their Bernice Summerfield series. Though the adaptation omitted Braxiatel, the scene where he met Benny for the first time was later adapted and appeared in Gallifrey: Disassembled.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This is the first appearance of Irving Braxiatel (in the Benny New Adventures). It is also the first chronological meeting of Braxiatel and Benny from Braxiatel's point of view; Benny first met him in PROSE: Theatre of War.
- The Knights of Jeneve may be a descendant of UNIT, which was headquartered in Geneva. (TV: Spearhead from Space, et al.)
- The Knights of Jeneve would later appear in PROSE: Deadfall.
[edit | edit source]