Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Now – an operative for powers far beyond humanity's comprehension. A soldier in cosmic games, trying to obey the commands of his Superiors, but facing, time and again, heartbreak and sacrifice. Far from everything and everyone he once cared about, and drifting through an infinity of wars, conspiracies and betrayals...
These are his stories – tales of unlikely allies, of doomed love affairs and of wild interventions in Earth's history. From battlefields to cozy meetings with adventuress Iris Wildthyme: a chronicle of a man split down the middle.
CWEJ: DOWN THE MIDDLE is an officially-licensed anthology continuing the adventures of the character created for the Virgin New Adventures book line, featuring contributions from Doctor Who writers Andy Lane (Original Sin, All-Consuming Fire, A Thousand Tiny Wings) and Simon Bucher-Jones (The Death of Art, The Taking of Planet 5), alongside a vast panel of new and diverse talents.
Stories[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the anthology was first announced, an alternate cover with a different logo was released.
- At 686 pages, the paperback edition of the anthology is the longest work of DWU prose covered by this Wiki.
- The PsyCon Prediction was originally named Cwej and the Thief.
- The cover art by Bri Crozier depicts in the front row (from left to right) Larles, Chris Cwej, and Kwol; in the second row Iris Wildthyme; and in the upper corners a Hytherian and a Geldex.
- The back cover art by Johannes Chazot depicts Larles, Kwol, and Cwej.
- Aside from the illustrations printed in the anthology, an additional, online-exclusive illustration for the story The Ursine Brood was created by artist Kern McCarthy and released through the series's official Facebook page.
- Katy Manning, who played Iris at Big Finish Productions and whose likeness appears on the cover, endorsed the anthology on her Twitter account.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]