Doomwatch was a British organisation. In 2003, when PSI machine technology was developed, they feared that such devices could be used to alter people's memories, removing elements that would be deemed "undesirable". When Brigham Elisha Dashwood III developed his own version of the PSI machine, the United Nations sent Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart to investigate its possible misuse. (AUDIO: Minuet in Hell)
Behind the scenes Edit
Doctor Who and Doomwatch shared many of the same cast and crew:
- John Bown played Commander Neil Stafford in the third and final season.
- Terence Dudley was the producer.
- Robert Holmes, Dennis Spooner, Brian Hayles, Louis Marks and Elwyn Jones were among the writers.
- Frank Cox, Hugh David, Terence Dudley, Darrol Blake, Lennie Mayne and Pennant Roberts were among the directors.
- Guest stars included Kevin Stoney, Anthony Ainley, Colin Jeavons, Patrick Troughton, Elisabeth Sladen, Leslie Schofield, Joseph Fürst and Nicholas Courtney.