Summary[edit | edit source]
The Tenth Doctor and Heather McCrimmon land on a small planet that looks like a pearl in the middle of a distant galaxy. They discover the planet is composed of a silk-like substance. Two figures rise out of the ground and, still attached to the planet, give chase.
The figures bear a strong resemblance to the Doctor and Heather. They fall through a hole in the ground. It leads to an underground chamber. The low gravity of the planet breaks their fall. They explore the chamber with its pools of luminous green slime and find a long dead giant spider.
Looking around more they find cocooned bodies hanging from the roof, the remains of other visitors: dinner or sacrificial victims! The Doctor investigates the slime. It has some unusual properties. The silk creatures attack them again.
With Heather trapped, the Doctor tests a theory. Covering himself with slime, he drives the creatures back. The Doctor explains that the slime may have killed the spider and in doing so, gave the silk a life of its own. Without any form of its own, the silk copies whatever creatures land and make their own offerings in worship to the slime. Back in the TARDIS, the Doctor hopes no one else lands here by mistake!
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to scan the luminous slime in the cave.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 142 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! The TARDIS is stolen!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added