Doctor Who and the Terror of the Autons was a novelisation of the 1971 television serial Terror of the Autons.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
1975 Target Books edition[edit | edit source]
The evil Master leered at the Doctor, and triumphantly pointed out of the cabin window. The many-tentacled Nestene monster – spearhead of the second Auton invasion of the Earth – crouched beside the radio tower!
Part crab, part spider, part octopus, its single huge eye blazed with alien intelligence and deadly hatred...
Can the Doctor outwit his rival Time lord, the Master, and save the Earth from the Nestene horror?
Chapter titles[edit | edit source]
- The Terror Begins
- Sabotage at the Space Probe
- The Master Takes Over
- Death at the Plastics Factory
- The Killer Doll
- In the Hands of the Autons
- The Battle of the Forest
- The Killer Doll Attacks
- The Deadly Daffodils
- Prisoners of the Master
- The Final Assault
- The End of Round One
Deviations from televised story[edit | edit source]
To be added
Writing and publishing notes[edit | edit source]
- The Master and Jo Grant are introduced, as is the case in the original story. However an earlier Target books release, PROSE: Doctor Who and the Doomsday Weapon, also introduced the characters "for the first time".
- This novelisation was later released as part of The UNIT Collection.
Additional cover images[edit | edit source]
British publication history[edit | edit source]
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
- 60p (UK)
- 1979 Target Books with a new cover by Alun Hood priced 60p (UK)
Editions published outside Britain[edit | edit source]
- This book was to have also been published in the USA by Pinnacle Books in 1980 as a paperback edition, however when Lyle Stuart Inc secured the rights to distribute the Target Books in America the plan was shelved.