Doctor Who and the Image of the Fendahl was a novelisation based on the 1977 television serial Image of the Fendahl.
The Doctor and Leela fight to destroy the Fendahl, a recreated menace that threatens to devour all life in the galaxy.
- The Skull
- Dead Man in the Wood
- Time Scan
- Horror at the Priory
- The Fendahleen
- The Coven
- Stael's Mutiny
- The Missing Planet
- Ceremony of Evil
- The Priestess
- Time Bomb
- The End of the Fendahl
Deviations from televised story
- Stael's background and motivation is explained in detail.
- Fendelman's name is spelled "Fendleman".
- David Mitchell's first name is changed to Harry.
- Colby is referred to both in the text and by Stael as "Professor Colby", whereas on screen "Professor" seems to be simply a nickname given him by Martha Tyler.
- Moss is mentioned as fingering a lucky charm during his first meeting with the Doctor and Leela, a detail edited out of the broadcast version.
- The Doctor gets out of the store room by weakening the lock with his sonic screwdriver and then kicking the door open, rather than someone unlocking it for him.
- Leela knocks out a guard in order to get into Fetch Priory the first time.
- The Fendahl Skull does not start glowing until after the Doctor innocently touches it, rather than him touching it after it has started glowing.
- The Doctor does not refer to Mitchell by name, removing an oft-cited potential error in the televised version.
Writing and publishing notes
- to be added
British publication history
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK