Doctor Who and the Horror of Fang Rock was a novelisation based on the 1977 television serial Horror of Fang Rock.
Publisher's summary Edit
On a remote rocky island a few miles off the Channel coast stands the Fang Rock lighthouse. There have always been tales of the beast of Fang Rock, but when the Tardis lands here with Leela and the Fourth Doctor, the force they must deal with is more sinister and deadly than the mythical beast of the past.
It is the early 1900s, electricity is just coming into common usage, and the formless, gelatinous mass from the future must use the lighthouse generators to recharge its system. Nothing can stop this Rutan scout in its search and its experimentation on humans ...
Chapter titles Edit
- The Terror Begins
- Strange Visitors
- The Survivors
- Return of the Dead
- Attack from the Unknown
- The Enemy Within
- The Bribe
- The Chameleon Factor
- The Rutan
- The Last Battle
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The Doctor gives a rational explanation for the original legend of the beast of Fang Rock.
- Adelaide can sense the cold as well as Leela.
- A deleted scene where the survivors reach the island is reinstated.
- Vince's motives for burning the fifty pounds given to him by Lord Palmerdale before he turns to the others for help are added.
- Nails and pieces of metal scrap are used to kill the Rutan, instead of bits from pockets.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
Additional cover images Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK