Doctor Who and the Adaptation of Death was the first short story in the Short Trips anthology Short Trips: Transmissions. It was written by Graeme Burk. It featured the Eighth Doctor and Charley Pollard.
Ari Leventhal has made a film, Invasion Earth: 2062 AD, that depicts the joint human-Kubthukian invasion of the Quav'lor ship. However, he is abducted by the Kubthukians and put on trial for misrepresenting their representative in the invasion, Ekode. For their evidence, they kidnap the Eighth Doctor and use his memories of the event, in which he and Charley also participated.
Ari's defence doesn't go well until Charley arrives with a message for the Kubthukians from the Creatron Artists and Artisans Associates. The CAAA wants to option their story for a film. They depart excitedly to discuss their options.
As the Doctor notes to Charley and Ari, the Kubthukians consider profit as important as truth.
- Eighth Doctor
- Charlotte Pollard
- Ekode Blath Negen Blar Regen Blen Parthimi
- Ari Leventhal
- Corporal Sandoval
- Head Head
- General Irons
- Sergeant Miller
- Sergeant Langley
- PQ Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Half-Moon Dentist.
- Cher is still doing concerts.
- Charley talks about the morality of transmats, and the Doctor mutters something about her one day becoming a brilliant quantum philosopher.
- Ari drinks grapefruit juice but wishes he had drunk orange juice.
- Ari is represented by Murray Jelg from Creatron Artists and Artisans Associates.
- Karl Derniherzger, Chris Culkin-Rock and Kal-El Cage were also involved with the film.
- The Doctor name drops Andrew Sarris.
- The Doctor wants Jude Law the Third to play him in the next film.
- Cities invaded by the Quav'lor include London, Johannesburg, Berlin, Ottawa, Washington DC, Sydney, Moscow, Los Angeles, Dakar and Rio.
- Ekode had a brother, Doken, a second parent, Okile, and a pairbond, Kenob.
- Langley is introduced in the story as Private Langley, but is called Sergeant Langley several times later in the story.
- Invasion Earth: 2062 AD is a reference to Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D..
to be added