Doctor Who and Warriors' Gate was a novelisation based on the 1981 television serial Warriors' Gate.
When the TARDIS arrives at its destination, according to the console read-outs the craft is nowhere – and nowhere is exactly what it looks like ...
This book has no named chapters
Deviations from televised story
- Romana's farewell to the Doctor is handled differently, with more emotion and is less rushed than the televised version.
- The fate of the rogue Gundan is revealed.
- How the slavers spaceship ended up in the void is revealed.
- K9's fate is presented as a tragedy.
- The ending is different from the televisted story, with Romana wandering off long after the spaceship explodes and the Doctor realising he can travel between universes with the mirrors.
Writing and publishing notes
to be added
Additional cover images
British publication history
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
- On Target a comprehensive guide to the Target novelisations by Tim Neal
- Warriors' Gate: The Lost Version, extracts from the original manuscript, withdrawn and revised before publication