Doctor Who Night was a night of themed programmes that began with Introduction to the Night with Tom Baker as a future Doctor, broadcast from 8:55pm-12:30am on 13 November 1999 on BBC Two. It was produced by BBC Manchester.
A special Dalek BBC Two ident was used throughout the evening between the programmes, as well as promos for the upcoming repeat of Spearhead from Space, the Doctor Who website and Doctor Who merchandise.
- 9:05pm Adventures in Space and Time
- Documentary on the history of the show, narrated by Peter Jones.
- 9:45pm How to Live Forever
- Professor Tom Kirkwood talks about the possibility of regeneration.
- 9:50pm Carnival of Monsters
- A look at the various monsters that have appeared in the show.
- 10:20pm The Web of Caves
- Comedy sketch starring Mark Gatiss and David Walliams.
- 10:25pm How to Build a TARDIS
- Dr Jim Al-Khalili talks about the possibility of a TARDIS.
- 10:30pm The Daleks
- The final episode of this seven part story, "The Rescue".
- 11:00pm The Kidnappers
- Comedy sketch starring Mark Gatiss and David Walliams, also featuring Peter Davison.
- 11:05pm The TV Movie
- A showing of the uncut 1996 TV movie, starring Paul McGann.
Dalek break bumpers Edit
Between the programmes five CGI animated shorts featuring the Daleks were broadcast, each about 5-10 seconds in length. They were Dalek Grand Prix, Jelly Dalek, Squashed Dalek, Microwaved Dalek and Dalek Corridor.
(Note all titles are based on conjecture.)
- Presented by Tom Baker
- With thanks to - 4:2:2 Manchester, Andrew Beech, Blackwall Aggregates, Kevan Looseley, Lyn Nealon, Sevans Models, Steve Roberts, Paul Vanezis
- Written & Performed by - Mark Gatiss, David Walliams with Paul Putner, Peter Davison
- Lighting Cameraman - Jim O'Donnell
- Sound - Tom Oliver
- Costume - Yves Barre, Marlene Lawlor
- Make-up - Vanessa White
- Designer - Nick Somerville
- Art Director - Mark Stonehouse
- Editor - Nick Watts
- Director - Mark Mylod
- Producer - Myfanwy Moore
- Presenters - Prof. Tom Kirkwood, Dr. Jim Al Khalili
- Camera - Mike Coles, Chris Sutcliffe
- Sound - Mervyn Gerrard, Chris Watson
- Editor - Duncan Bragg
- Researcher - Stuart Arnott
- Director - Teresa Hunt
Doctor Who Night
- Titles - Voom
- Camera - Stuart Bourne, Neil Wieteska
- Sound - Karen Jones
- Make-up - Beverley Toby, Andrea Dowdall
- Costume - June Hudson
- Consultant - Andrew Pixley
- Original Music - Orbital
- Soloist - Seaming To
- Dubbing Mixer - Tony Greenwood
- Editors - Ian Wilson, Mark Everson
- Production Assistant - Alma Pegg
- Production Manager - Simon Ashwood
- Assistant Producers - Christine Kenrick, Stephen McGinn
- Producer/Director - Michael Wadding
- Executive Producer - Alan Brown