Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- Release Number 16
- Publisher World Distributors
- Released in September 1981
- Priced £2.25
- Format Hardback 64 pages
- Featured Doctor: The Fourth Doctor and the Fifth Doctor
- Featured Companions: Adric and K9
- Featured Enemies:
Comic strip story
- The Planets
- Secrets of the TARDIS
- This 'n' That
- The Big Bang Theory
- Space Shorthand
- Star Gazing at the London Planetarium
- The Mysteries of Meteorites
- Keeping a Watch on Space
- The Deadly Grapefruit
- Cosmic Quiz
- The photographic material of the Fourth Doctor used on the cover was from Full Circle, with that of the Fifth Doctor being taken from the 1930s/1950s-set veterinary drama series All Creatures Great and Small (1978-1990), in which Peter Davison appeared as Tristan Farnon.
- Uniquely, this story features the Fourth Doctor, Adric, and K9 traveling together, without Romana, something never seen on TV. Additionally, reference is made to the characters still being stuck in E-Space, despite the characters escaping from the universe in the final story with Romana, TV: Warriors' Gate. Other stories feature the Fifth Doctor and Adric traveling alone, again not an authentic TV TARDIS team. This, alongside the tendencies for Annual stories to miss out on such important info, implies that the writers were not properly informed in the story arc of Season 18.
- The Fifth Doctor's likeness, used sparingly throughout this annual (which appeared on the market after the broadcast of Logopolis), only showed face and head shots.
- At the time of this release, the Fifth Doctor's costume had not yet been made public, and images used were mainly taken from Peter Davison's work on All Creatures Great and Small, on which he had sported a 1930s/1950s short-back-and-sides haircut.
- This was the first annual to include two Doctors following the on-screen regeneration of the Fourth Doctor at the end of Season 18.
- A PDF version of the annual was included as a bonus feature on the 2007 DVD box set New Beginnings; it was repeated on each of the three discs for the stories The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovalva, as these discs were also released separately.