Doctor Who: Top 5 Christmas Moments was the second episode of Doctor Who Confidential broadcast in conjunction with The Next Doctor. It was almost entirely a clip show made up of material from previous episodes - TARDIS Tales, Backstage at Christmas, Music and Monsters, Kylie Special and Confidential Christmas 2008 - though a small amount of the material had been previously unseen.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
This episode went through the five episodes of Doctor Who that were set at Christmas - The Unquiet Dead, The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride, Voyage of the Damned and The Next Doctor - previously covered to great extent in prior Doctor Who Confidential episodes.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- The difficulties of placing fake snow during production of The Unquiet Dead, and of the horses on location.
- The SFX work on the RoboSanta attack of the Christmas market for The Christmas Invasion.
- SFX work and careful camera placement on the climax of The Runaway Bride, to make it look as though the Racnoss was being sunk in water and explosions.
- The Doctor's admiration and interest in Astrid, as well as the introduction of Wilfred Mott in Voyage of the Damned.
- Filming the Doctor's swordfight with the Cyberman in The Next Doctor.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Phil Collinson, Producer
- Euros Lyn, Director
- James Hawes, Director
- David Tennant, The Tenth Doctor
- Noel Clarke, Mickey Smith
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer
- Kylie Minogue, Astrid Peth
- Andy Goddard, Director
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Dracula's Castle" by New Order
- "Chocolate" by Snow Patrol
- "Guitarmageddon" by Barry Jamieson, Dan McBean & John Sutton, Album: Brit Rock X-SERIES XCD096
- "Sweet About Me" by Gabriella Cilmi
- "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Ting Tings
- "You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol
- "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica
- "L-O-V-E" by SugaRush Beat Company
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mark Chandler, James Daniels, Dewi Davies, Justin Davies, Alex Hansen, Eric Huyton, Aled Jenkins, Andy Smith, Huw Walters
- Sound - Steve Hoy, Kevin Meredith, Brian Murrell, Wil Planitzer, Jon Thomas
- Runner - Claire Riley
- Assistant Producers - Ian Hay, Hannah Williams
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinator - Tors Grantham
- Production Managers - Katy Cartwright, Nathalie McCarty
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Editor - Simon Horobin
- Colourist - Duncan Bragg
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
As of March 2019 no version of the episode is available commercially.