- You may be looking for the series of bookazines.
Doctor Who: 50 Years was a narrative trailer for fiftieth anniversary special of Doctor Who, The Day of the Doctor, and a celebration of the programme's fifty year history. Notably, it included William Hartnell's First Doctor in high-resolution colour for the first time.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
Stand-ins[edit | edit source]
- First Doctor - Andy McInnes
- Second Doctor - Stephen Rose
- Third Doctor - Jon Crowley
- Fourth Doctor - Paul Hughes
- Fifth Doctor - Nic Zabilowicz
- Sixth Doctor - Chris Laurens
- War Doctor - Jim Ewan
- Ninth Doctor - Robert Ratajczak
- Tenth Doctor - Josh Sutherland
- Eleventh Doctor - Jan Hoffman
- Policeman - Joseph Paxton
- Soldier/Body - Michael Pearson
- Clara - Ami Kandel/Sarah Jane
- The Master - Robert David Cashin
- Rose - Natalie Wood
- Donna - Bella Sabbagh
- Amy - Naomi Delorme
- Martha - Valona Irons
Main cast[edit | edit source]
It contains several grammatical or factual errors, or otherwise offends our our Manual of Style.
- Eleventh Doctor - Matt Smith (DWMSE 38)
- Tenth Doctor - David Tennant
- Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
- Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
- Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison
- Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
- First Doctor - William Hartnell
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
- Clara Oswald - Jenna Coleman
- Rose Tyler - Billie Piper
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- Amy Pond - Karen Gillan
- Martha Jones - Freema Agyeman
- Policeman - Reg Cranfield
- D84 - Gregory de Polnay
- to be continued
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Writer - Steven Moffat
- Director - Matt Losasso (DWMSE 38)
- Producer - Carrie Heart (DWMSE 38)
- Props and Costume Supervisor - Andrew Beech (DWMSE 38)
Characters and species[edit | edit source]
Characters and species seen in the trailer.
- to be continued
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This trailer had a narrative, something fairly new in Doctor Who, although it was previously seen in the Campfire trailer for series 4.
- The actors in this trailer either had their faces obscured or had their face edited post-production to look like the character they were playing. Jon Crowley is an exception and his face was not edited to have Jon Pertwee's likeness. (DWMSE 38)
- The season 20 console, was later given by co-constructor Bruce Hill to Mark Barton Hill, sans the two panels replicated by Bob's Bits. Barton Hill then continued restoring the prop with components of the original console he collected among the years. It was later exposed at the Doctor Who Experience (London/Cardiff) until it closed down and used for the TARDIS interior scenes of Shada.
[edit | edit source]
Foonotes[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor Who Team (19 October 2013). Doctor Who Trailer to Celebrate the Last 50 Years. Doctor Who. Retrieved on 20 November 2016.
- The BBC's season 20 console (50th anniversary trailer) restoration diary by Mark Barton Hill