Behind the scenes Edit
Dixon of Dock Green was a long running police series made by the BBC from 1955 to 1976. Various Doctor Who actors and crew were involved with the series.
Various Doctor Who guest actors had regular roles:
- Graham Ashley played PC/DC Tommy Hughes from 1958-1962.
- Robert Cawdron played Detective Inspector Cherry from 1956-1965.
- Anne Ridler played WP Sergeant Chris Freeman from 1962-1964.
- Peter Thornton played PC Burton from 1964-1968.
- Michael Osborne played PC Newton from 1970-1972.
- Duncan Lamont played Station Sergeant Bob Cooper from 1965-1968.
- Neil Wilson played PC Tubb Barrell from 1955-1957, and again in 1963.
- Gregory de Polnay played Detective Sergeant Mike Brewer from 1974-1975.
- Kenneth Watson played Detective Inspector Scott from 1972-1973.
Michael Craze, Jack Watling, Julian Glover, Paul Darrow, Carole Ann Ford, Peter Purves, Richard Franklin and Bernard Horsfall all guest starred in episodes. David Ellis, Dick Sharples, Peter Ling, John Wiles, David Fisher and Robert Holmes all wrote various episodes, while Mary Ridge and Michael E. Briant were among the directors. John Wiles was script consultant/adviser from 1967-1969. David Tennant also starred as Detective Andy Crawford in the first series of the 2005 Radio remake.