Divine Intervention was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology Stranded 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by David K Barnes and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka, Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair, Rebecca Root as Tania Bell and Tom Price as Andy Davidson.
Publisher's summary Edit
Liv makes a date - but gets more than she bargains for when the whole household comes along.
And when a threat from the future finally arrives, the Doctor is placed in real danger. It’s time for the truth to emerge...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Tania Bell - Rebecca Root
- Sergeant Andy Davison - Tom Price
- Robin Bright-Thompson - Joel James Davison
- Rafaella Hicks / Teeja - Aurora Burghart
- Bourakai / Ken Bright-Thompson - Alan Cox
- Zakia Akhtar - Avita Jay
- Aisha Akhtar - Amina Zia
- Ron Winters - David Shaw-Parker
- Tony Clare / Jack Addison - Jeremy Clyde
Popular culture Edit
- The Doctor goes on the television programme You Either Know It or You Don't.
- The Doctor is a personal friend of Peter Sellers. He claims he convinced him to take his role in The Pink Panther, citing Ustinov's prior involvement.
- Andy watches Carry On when he's feeling hopeless.
- Andy claims to have learned about energy weapons from Star Trek.
- The Doctor tells Tania he deals with Daleks, Cybermen, and Voord.
- The Ichneumon wasp reproduces by injecting its eggs into the larvae of other insects using its extra-long stinger.
- Mr Crousseau was a Valenti.
- Bourakai and Teeja are Rakilians.
- The Doctor identifies a busted Arcturan transmitter in Crousseau's shop.
- Bourakai and Teeja are equipped with high energy phase disruptors, laser rifles and chrono-warp engines.
- Helen takes Robin down the High Street.
- The Doctor visits Mr Crousseau's alien tech shop in Kilburn, on Tania's suggestion.
- Woolworths closed down "years back".
- The Doctor takes the others at 107 Baker Street to Wakefield's in Camden.
- The Doctor takes Bourakai and Teeja through Camden Lock on the way to the TARDIS on Camden Road.
- In January 1982, England engaged India in three cricket test matches, held in Calcutta, Chennai and Kanpur.
- The Doctor knows that humans don't encounter the Rakilians until well beyond the 60th century. He was present for this first encounter.
to be added
- The Doctor participates in a game show. (COMIC: The Night Walkers, TV: Bad Wolf)
- The Doctor remembers reading the newspaper as the Fifth Doctor at Heathrow Airport, Terminal One, in 1982, and being disappointed with the England's performance in the latest cricket matches. (TV: Time-Flight)
- The TARDIS can be recharged over time from just one "spark of life", (TV: Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel) and a time paradox can act as a major source of energy. (TV: The Angels Take Manhattan)