The President of the High Council wants Romana dead. The Temporal Intervention Agency has been dispatched to hunt her down. Its mission: to eliminate her from the timelines for ever. It would be as though she had never existed...
Only an old friend can offer Romana any hope of survival. An acquaintance she and Leela once shared. One they haven't seen in years.
But time is running out. Death is fast approaching. And this time, not everyone can survive... with or without the Doctor.
to be added
- Romana II - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Interrogator General Leela - Louise Jameson
- The Burner Doctor (Lord Burner) - Colin Baker
- Castellan Vansell - Anthony Keetch
- Commander Andred - Andy Coleman
- Technician Hester - Chris Johnson
Post-credits alternative Gallifrey
- Narvin mentions the Master as he initially misinterprets K9's reference to detecting 'the Master'.
- In the alternative timeline, Interrogator General Leela was preceded by Narvin, whom she murdered for the position.
- This story marks the only appearance of Bernice Summerfield in Gallifrey.
- This is Colin Baker's second appearance in Gallifrey, given that he reprised his role as Commander Maxil from Arc of Infinity in an uncredited cameo in the audio story Appropriation.
- This was the only Big Finish audio drama to depict an encounter between the Doctor (albeit an alternative version thereof) and Braxiatel until the audio story Theatre of War.
- While in the alternative timeline, Romana gives Narvin the pseudonym "Fred," the name which the Fourth Doctor proposed to give her first incarnation shortly after their first encounter. (TV: The Ribos Operation)
- As was the case with his counterpart in the proper timeline, the Burner Doctor was put on trial by the Time Lords during his sixth incarnation. (TV: The Trial of a Time Lord)
- Romana previously met the Sixth Doctor from the proper timeline on Archetryx. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- In his capacity as Lord Burner, Braxiatel was ordered by President Pandad VII to burn "an old man" and "his granddaughter" from history. He disobeyed this order and the intended victims stole a TARDIS and fled Gallifrey. (TV: An Unearthly Child, AUDIO: The Beginning) The very same day, President Pandad died when a power relay in his office overloaded; an inquiry headed by Braxiatel found that this was an accident.
- As Braxiatel is about to push the Burner Doctor into one of the Axis' portals without setting any coordinates, the Burner Doctor's final line is, "How could you do this to your own...?" He was presumably going to say "brother" as such a familial relationship has been hinted at since PROSE: Tears of the Oracle. On several occasions during this story, the Doctor and Braxiatel are implied to be related but this is not directly stated nor is the extent of their familial connection. Furthermore, the line is highly reminiscent of the Master's plea to the Fifth Doctor in the proper timeline before being apparently killed on Sarn: "Won't you show mercy to your own...?" (TV: Planet of Fire) According to that serial's DVD commentary, Fiona Cumming asked John Nathan-Turner how the line was to end, to which he replied "brother". Wheres the Tenth Doctor responded to Martha Jones' question as to whether he had a brother with "No, not anymore" in TV: Smith and Jones, he later strongly implies in TV: The Sound of Drums that the Master is not his brother. In the former instance, he may have been instead referring to Braxiatel.
- Bernice Summerfield mentions that Braxiatel attended, or from his perspective would later attend, her wedding to Jason Kane, which took place in Cheldon Bonniface on 24 April 2010. (PROSE: Happy Endings)