Dethras was the fourth story in the sixth series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Adrian Poynton and featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Lalla Ward as Romana II.
Publisher's summary Edit
Finding the submarine in the last place they'd have expected, the Doctor and Romana are confronted by a mystery. Once fully populated, there are now only three men on board. And there's now also a chimpanzee.
What has happened to the rest of the crew? What are the strange noises they can hear outside the hull?
And most importantly, who, or what, is Dethras?
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Lalla Ward
- John - Alistair Petrie
- Flague - Shelia Ruskin
- Philip - Josh Bolt
- Robert - Brian Vernel
- Franklin - John Banks
- Xankari / Teacher - Jane Slavin
- K9 has been analysing the time eddies in the power room.
- The Stargazer's Halo is the site of many derilect spaceships, a vast junkyard in a ring around a dead planet in deep space, with a low level gravity field maintaining the orbit.
- A Lodestar 27 with its original ion drive and a Xankari cargo ship are amoung the derelicts.
- Submarines are built to withstand pressure and atmosphere.
- Galactically speaking, the Xankari, pronounced "Zan-kar-I," were active in the first half of the 20th century, and were involved in a war.
- Romana states that sound doesn't travel in a vacuum.
- The Doctor uses sonar to send a message to a Xankari ship that can teleport them to safety.
- Flague believes strongly in preemptive strikes.
- Dethras is known as the "Einstein of Evolution" for his research into hyper-evolution. The Doctor's read all his books.
- Philip remembers being given a lesson in "notable extinct races," which included information on TARDISes.
- Philip was married only a year before the war broke out (being married in 1938, the war starting in 1939) but does not specifically state when he joined the service. Therefore, other than the fact the war ended in 1945, this story cannot have a more specific date other than "1940s."
- The Doctor has been bypassing the randomiser for a few journeys. (AUDIO: The Beast of Kravenos, The Eternal Battle, The Silent Scream)
- Romana states the Black Guardian is bound to find them again. (PROSE: The Well-Mannered War, AUDIO: Casualties of Time)
- The Doctor uses his etheric beam locator. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- Time Lords can survive for a short time in the vacuum of space. (TV: Four to Doomsday)
- The Sixth Doctor will later encounter Voord that quick-evolve themselves into Cybermen. (COMIC: The World Shapers)
- The Doctor still wishes to go to Brighton to visit the sea-side. (TV: The Leisure Hive)