Death and the Queen was the third and final story in the The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume One, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by James Goss and featured David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.
Publisher's summary Edit
So when, one day, her Prince does come, she is thrilled to have the wedding of all weddings to look forward to. Though the Doctor isn't holding his breath for an invitation. And her future mother-in-law is certainly not amused.
But on the big day itself, Donna finds her castle under siege from the darkest of forces, marching at the head of a skeleton army.
When it looks like even the Doctor can't save the day, what will Queen Donna do to save her people from Death itself?
to be added
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- Rudolph - Blake Ritson
- Queen Mum - Alice Krige
- Hortense - Beth Chalmers
- Death - Alan Cox
- The Kingdom of Goritania has not gone to war for around five centuries.
- The sonic screwdriver has a setting for horseshoes.
The TARDIS Edit
- The Doctor wonders why the TARDIS' translation circuits aren't translating the motto of the kingdom.
- The Doctor compares Goritania to Brigadoon, a mysterious Scottish village from the musical of the same name which appears for one day every 100 years.
- Donna refers to Death as "Skeletor", the main villain of Masters of the Universe.
- The Doctor says, "I love the smell of regime change in the morning". This is a reference to the line, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" from the 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
- Donna refers to her skill at shorthand. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- Donna notes that she has a history of choosing bad men to marry. Her previous fiancé was Lance Bennett, who planned to sacrifice her in order to resurrect the Racnoss. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Doctor states that the TARDIS is able to translate all languages (TV: The End of the World, The Christmas Invasion, Cold War) but that it sometimes failed to translate due to the age of the language. (TV: The Christmas Invasion, The Impossible Planet)
- Donna is once again part of a plan created between an alien being and her fiancé, using her as a sacrifice. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that his companions leave the TARDIS to save another universe. (TV: Warriors' Gate, Doomsday) or after they fall in love. (TV: The Green Death, The Invasion of Time)
- The Doctor says that he once had a robot dog who left him twice. (TV: The Invasion of Time, Warriors' Gate)
- The Doctor notes that he was present at Donna's previous wedding (TV: The Runaway Bride) and that he'll probably be present at her next. (TV: The End of Time)
- Donna refers to Death as "Skeletor". She also referred to both a Sycorax (COMIC: The Widow's Curse) and Meng Tian (COMIC: The Immortal Emperor) as such.
- The Doctor once again says, "My kingdom for a horse". (AUDIO: The Hollows of Time)