Death Match was the fourth story in the fourth series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton as featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, Louise Jameson as Leela and John Leeson as K9.
The Death-Match is under new management. The Hunt Master's Champion has been installed. All regular players are welcomed back to the Pursuit Lounge to observe the contest in luxurious surroundings. Privacy is assured. For this reason we ask our elite guests to abide by the strict security protocols. Please note, the house has no limits.
In the Gallery, your combatants can be observed on the orbiting Quarry Station. A purpose-built environment filled with deadly traps and hidden dangers. Prizes are offered for every kill, with bonuses for rogue elements. Only an elite hunter can survive the End-Game. Do you have a worthy champion? Kill or be killed: the only rule of the Death-Match...
to be added
to be added
- The Doctor – Tom Baker
- Leela – Louise Jameson
- K9 – John Leeson
- The Master – Geoffrey Beevers
- Kastrella – Susan Brown
- Vargrave – Andy Secombe
- The Red Knight – Chris Porter
- K9 suggests that he and the Doctor play draughts.
- The Master has met Sigmund Freud, whom he describes as "a joy". He gave him his first box of cigars.
- The Doctor once beat Ernest Hemingway at tiddlywinks.
- Marshall works for Galactic Heritage.
- The Master destroyed the planet Raskalar for fun.
- This audio adventure was recorded on 1 and 2 July 2013 at Audio Sorcery.
- Although it was originally intended that this story be linked with Requiem for the Rocket Men to form a kind of four-parter, the narratives became further intertwined during the writing stage. Requiem was originally just going to set up the appearance of the Master in Death Match but he was included heavily in both after it was decided to team him up with the Rocket Men. John Dorney and Matt Fitton discussed ideas closely and sent each other drafts of their own scripts, effectively became each others' script editors. (BFX: Death Match)
- Louise Jameson cried while reading the scripts. (BFX: Death Match)
- K9 refers to Leela's departure from the TARDIS. (AUDIO: Requiem for the Rocket Men)
- The Doctor refers to the Asteroid. (AUDIO: Requiem for the Rocket Men)
- The Rocket Men installed a propulsion unit in K9 while he was in their possession. (AUDIO: Requiem for the Rocket Men)
- The Doctor tells Kastrella that he and the Master were at school together. (TV: The Sea Devils; PROSE: Divided Loyalties)
- Leela once again refers to the Master as "the Evil One". (AUDIO: The Evil One, Requiem for the Rocket Men)
- The Master reminds the Doctor that the Time Lords once brought beings to the Death Zone on Gallifrey and forced them to fight each other in the Game of Rassilon. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- Leela refers to the Sevateem. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor believes that K9 should remain with Leela in order to keep an eye on her. (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- The Master refers to Shandar. (AUDIO: Requiem for the Rocket Men)
- Leela mentions the Horda. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- After Marshall's death, Leela swears that she will never bond again. However, she would later fall in love with Andred. (TV: The Invasion of Time) They eventually married. (TV: Arc of Infinity)