Landing in the middle of a civil war, the Doctor hoped to discreetly meddle and then slip away unnoticed. Instead, he's managed to infect Ace with an organic bomb. A bomb with a most unusual trigger.
If Ace dies, so does the planet.
to be added
- Ace and the Doctor refer to and use Nitro-9.
- Ace talks to the planet's citizens about Perivale, Daleks, and the Kandyman.
- This story represents how the Doctor willingly puts his companions in danger for the greater good, as well as downright manipulating them in the process. This incarnation did so in TV: Ghost Light, Survival, PROSE: Timewyrm: Revelation, Love and War, Birthright, The Left-Handed Hummingbird, Head Games, and Just War.
- This story was recorded on 9 November 2018 at The Soundhouse.
- This story is available as a download only.
- The Seventh Doctor says he "had no wish to die in a street in a hail of gunfire." He would later regenerate due to being caught in the middle of a gang shootout and getting himself shot. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor says "I'm sorry" and "I'm really so sorry" to Ace when he believes she is going to die and there is nothing he can do to save her. His tenth incarnation would later commonly use the phrase "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", in similar circumstances. (TV: The Age of Steel, Army of Ghosts, Silence in the Library)
- The Doctor uses the focused thoughts of the entire planet to kill the parasitic worms. Martha Jones also used the combined psychic energy of the people of Earth to recharge the Tenth Doctor. (TV: Last of the Time Lords)