Dead London was the first story in the second series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Pat Mills and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
But they are not alone in this labyrinth: a killer is on their trail.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Sepulchre - Rupert Vansittart
- Spring-Heeled Sophie - Clare Buckfield
- Clerks - Richard Laing
- Yellow Beryl - Katarina Olsson
References[edit | edit source]
- Don Quixote is mentioned.
The Doctor[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor mentions the bad fashion sense of his previous incarnations, in particular the brightly-coloured clothes of the Sixth Doctor.
- The Doctor mentions once being grabbed by a Sea Devil.
Clothes and fashion[edit | edit source]
- Lucie Miller wears a Beatles vest top.
Objects[edit | edit source]
Planets[edit | edit source]
- Quagreeg is a marsh world in the Sirius system inhabited by unpleasant reptilian life forms who are a gestalt being.
Recreation[edit | edit source]
- Spring-Heeled Sophie is a funambulist.
Science[edit | edit source]
- Telmonium is an incredibly durable and rare extra-terrestrial metal.
Film[edit | edit source]
- Lucie has seen the movie The Wicker Man.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This story debuts a new theme arrangement for the Eighth Doctor, arranged by Nicholas Briggs and based on the Delia Derbyshire theme tunes. This replaces the David Arnold theme used from Storm Warning through to Human Resources.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on 19 October 2008.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor mentions the cult of Mithras. (AUDIO: Seasons of Fear)
- Different time zones has been created in a similar fashion as in TV: The War Games.
- The Doctor uses his cravat to create a zip wire and slide in a rope from the Wicker Man in the same fashion he does in COMIC: The Forgotten, shouting Geronimo (one of the catchphrases of the Eleventh Doctor).
[edit | edit source]
- Official Dead London page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Dead London at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide