Day Zero was the third audio story in God Among Us 3.
As people start fighting over the last remaining supplies, the Disaster Recovery Committee takes drastic action. Because there's one place that still has clean water. And Torchwood will do anything to stop them from getting it.
In Ritz Tower, Colin and Tyler are making plans for the camp when they realise that the leaky tap has gone quiet and that there is no longer any water. Colin says that it is Day Zero. Faye reports on the scene.
Andy watches Faye on the television and says that whoever leaked the report to her would be fired. Yvonne arrives and offers help, but he refuses and tells her that Torchwood needs to keep its distance.
Ng and Mr Colchester go to Cardiff Bay, claiming to be with Water Wales, to test the water for poisonous mould. Outside the Disaster Recovery Committee building, Yvonne is approached by Jack and ends up giving a poorly-received speech to the protesters. They flee from a security guard. Sal informs Andy that the DRC's supply of water has been stolen.
Colin is called by Tyler, who tells him that the DRC are ignoring him and that Crisis React are unable to help due to a quarantine order. Colin checks on Orr. They give him fresh water from a tap and the two of them begin bottling it and allowing people access, but a man angrily pushes his way to the front of the queue. Sal leaks the existence of the water to Faye and Colin realises that Orr is "magicking" the water. They are harmed when the people burst the pipes.
Andy arrives at Ritz Tower with DRC soldiers to take control of the water source, much to Ng and Mr Colchester's consternation. Yvonne goes to the DRC building to find Andy but instead finds Sal, who is preparing to leave, and asks her for the keys to her car so that she can get to Ritz Tower. A boy at the camp pulls out a gun and is shot by a security guard, as is Jack, who does not revive. The sight of the two of them being taken to the hospital changes Faye's perspective on the situation.
Andy has his men search the building for the water. Mr Colchester sneaks in and bumps into Tyler, who tells him that he was the one who brought him back. Orr struggles to keep making water and finally decides to stop doing so due to the actions of the humans. They make it start raining, which prompts God to dismiss Alice and prepare for something.
Yvonne is arrested on Andy's orders despite having told him where God was. The boy and Jack are both reported dead and Andy fires Sal and arrests God. Colin feels what Orr is feeling, making him realise how awful people have been, and Orr tells him that the people are no longer feeding on them but on the world. They refuse to help them any longer.
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ng - Alexandria Riley
- Mr Colchester - Paul Clayton
- Orr - Samantha Béart
- Tyler Steele - Jonny Green
- Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- Colin Colchester-Price - Ramon Tikaram
- God - Jacqueline King
- Sal - Taj Atwal
- Faye - Laura Dalgleish
- Security Guard - Timothy Blore
- Bay Soldier - William Kirk
- Angry Boy - Harry Heap
- Angry Man - Gabin Kongolo
- Colin asks for Jamil to hold off on the rota. Jamil later helps gather everybody.
- Andy tells Frank to keep the protesters from entering the building.
- Andy has Sal call the Health Secretary.
- Colchester and Ng pretend to be from Water Wales.
- Colin gets Orr paracetamol.
- Alice works at a café.
- God eats Bourbons.
- Paul is Faye's cameraman and Tom assists her.
- Tom gets Faye some sparkling water.
- Faye asks to get Adam on the phone.
to be added
- Cardiff's water supply is infected with poisonous mould. (AUDIO: Hostile Environment, A Mother's Son)
- Andy mentions how Yvonne was to blame for the tsunami (AUDIO: Eye of the Storm) and the downfall of Torchwood. (AUDIO: A Mother's Son)
- The Severn Bridge has been destroyed. (AUDIO: Aliens & Sex & Chips & Gravy)
- Yvonne mentions how Jack exposed her and let her take the fall. (AUDIO: A Mother's Son)
- Jack mentions how Yvonne had once pushed him off of a rooftop. (AUDIO: Poker Face)
- Yvonne came from Pete's World. (AUDIO: Poker Face)
- God says that Yvonne fears losing control. (AUDIO: See No Evil)
- Jack says "what's occurring?" (TV: Children of Earth: Day One, etc.)
- Mr Colchester thinks that Colin brought him back. (AUDIO: ScrapeJane)