Dawn of Time! is a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2012.
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams are having a rough ride in the Vortex when the TARDIS is invaded by a creature that identifies itself as Dawn 726-Alpha Continua. Dawn takes control of the TARDIS and they watch as the interior configuration reverts back to its original state. Dawn is a creation of Rassilon, a robot guardian installed by the early Time Lords to fix a tear they made in the Space-Time. The TARDIS is seen as an imperfection to Dawn and she begins a countdown to destruction. Amy pleads with Dawn to check the TARDIS history to all the good that has been done. Dawn checks but realises that Gallifrey has gone, the link to the Matrix is severed — she is without guidance and purpose. Her self destruction and that of the TARDIS is narrowly avoided, and the drain of artron energy from the TARDIS is reversed once Dawn contemplates a new life of freedom to travel the whole of Time and Space.
to be added
- In a scene depicting earlier travels of the TARDIS, images of the "old" Silurians and early Daleks (as featured on TV) are featured.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 287 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- Previous TARDIS interiors are brought back into being extending further back than those seen in TV: The Doctor's Wife.
- A three eyed Silurian (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians), a silver Dalek (TV: The Chase, Death to the Daleks) and a Dalek with a slat-less casing (TV: The Daleks, The Space Museum, COMIC: The Daleks Destroy the Zomites, Genesis of Evil, etc.) appear.