Daleks Versus the Martians was a comic story published in the Doctor Who Magazine Spring Special 1996. It was written by Alan Barnes. A prequel to Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D., the story featured Dr. Who meeting the Daleks on Mars, where they appear to be planning an attack on Earth.
Summary[edit | edit source]
While exploring the mysteries of the Martian Sphinx, Dr. Who, Louise and Susan are captured by Daleks who have moved into the Sol system, closer to Earth. Dr. Who and Susan escape with the help of the native Martians and are taken to a city beneath the Sphinx. Dr. Who activates a dormant fighting robot there. As Dr. Who rescues Louise from the Daleks (who have learnt about TARDIS), the robot attacks and destroys the Daleks' Martian base. This only delays their future attack on "the Blue Planet".
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Mars[edit | edit source]
- The Sol system planet Mars is home to the Mars Bubble, a hundred-mile-wide atmospheric pocket capable of sustaining life and one of the natural wonders of the universe. Located within the bubble live the surviving native Martians and the Martian Sphinx.
Species[edit | edit source]
- Martians are small, telepathic, hairless humanoid creatures with large eyes, no mouth or nose.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- The Martian Sphinx is the ultimate weapon of war, a giant robot with formidable firepower.
Susan[edit | edit source]
- Susan helped revive the Martian Sphinx with her understanding of the hieroglyphs found in the cave system below the surface of the planet.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This comic strip is "In memory of Peter Cushing OBE. 26th May 1911 - 11th August 1994". In actuality, however, Cushing was born on 26 May 1913.
- As in the movies, the Doctor is referred to as "Dr. Who" and the TARDIS as simply Tardis.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWMS Spring 1996 (8)