Daleks Among Us was the one hundred and seventy-seventh release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Alan Barnes and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Tracey Childs as Elizabeth Klein, and Christian Edwards as Will Arrowsmith.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
AZIMUTH DEPARTMENT OF RE-EDUCATION
REMINDER: TO ALL CITIZENS
There are no Daleks on Azimuth. There have never been Daleks on Azimuth.
Twenty years ago, the Daleks did not invade Azimuth. There was no war. There were no death camps. A man named 'the Doctor' did not help liberate Azimuth.
There are no such things as Daleks. They do not exist. There are no Daleks among us.
UPDATE: TO ALL CITIZENS
A strange blue box has not appeared in Monument Plaza. Off-worlders named 'the Doctor', 'Elizabeth Klein' and 'Will Arrowsmith' are not at large in the city. For your own safety, should you not see any of the above, report at once to the Department of Re-education, Azimuth Central.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part three[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part four[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Dr Elizabeth Klein/Elizabeth Volkenrath - Tracey Childs
- Will Arrowsmith - Christian Edwards
- Davros - Terry Molloy
- Hinterberger - Jonathan Forbes
- Ralf/The Daleks/Workman - Nicholas Briggs
- Falkus/Wraith- Tim Delap
- Qaren/Wraith - Jessica Brooks
- The Shepherd - Paul Chahidi
References[edit | edit source]
- Falkus was named after Skaro's second moon, Falkus.
- This story seems to make the distinction between the Black Dalek and the Supreme Dalek, with the former being subservient.
- The fast return switch must be engaged if the TARDIS is to return to its immediate last destination.
- The Doctor is placed in an agony seat.
- Elizabeth makes a reference to the film Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- There is a statue of Ace in the centre of the plaza.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first Big Finish audio drama in which the Seventh Doctor encounters Davros.
- This story was recorded on 5 and 6 February 2013 at The Moat Studios.
- Subscribers whose subscriptions included this story also received the audio short story Methuselah.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- UNIT has films of Auderly House and the Shoreditch Incident. (TV: Day of the Daleks, Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Archetryx, Aridius and Atrios are among the planets stored in the TARDIS database. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element; TV: The Chase, The Armageddon Factor)
- Davros refers to Skaro's destruction. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) He and the Daleks would later rebuild Skaro (TV: The Magician's Apprentice, The Witch's Familiar) and the Dalek Prime claimed to have tricked the Doctor and Davros into destroying Antalin rather than Skaro. (PROSE : War of the Daleks)
- Falkus recalls Hyperon as an instance of a Dalek defeat as relayed by the Fourth Doctor. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- Falkus forces the Doctor to recall the events of TV: The Twin Dilemma, TV: The Sensorites, TV: The Happiness Patrol and COMIC: Junk-Yard Demon.
- Davros escaped in a Dalek time machine. (TV: The Chase, The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Klein refers to the Master, and how the Doctor was checking up on her. (AUDIO: Dominion)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Daleks Among Us page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Daleks Among Us at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide