- You may be looking for Dalek pod.
The fighter pods bore a vague resemblance to the casing worn by the Time War-era Dalek Emperor, but coloured dark grey. Each pod was piloted by three bronze Daleks and was armed with a single laser turret. They sported three appendages with numerous bumps similar to the sense globes of Dalek base units.
During the final day of the Time War, multiple Dalek fighter pods participated in the attack on Arcadia. Only one was known to survive the war, sent hurtling through space at the disappearance of Gallifrey and the destruction of the Dalek fleet. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
The New Dalek Paradigm later deployed multiple fighter pods against the Doctor and the town of Christmas during the Siege of Trenzalore. When the Time Lords granted the Eleventh Doctor a new cycle of regenerations, the energy released as the Doctor regenerated into his twelfth incarnation was enough to blast some of the fighter pods — and the Dalek mothership — apart. The resulting shockwave obliterated any remaining Dalek forces on the planet. (TV: The Time of the Doctor)
Behind the scenes Edit
- GAME: Legacy names it a Dalek transporter.
- The name "fighter pod" was given by the BBC Art Department, which designed them. The company Milk VFX assisted in their design.
- The Eaglemoss Doctor Who Figurine Collection calls it a Dalek Gunship.
- A similar vehicle, named the "Dalek patrol ship", was released as a toy by Character Options. Unlike the fighter pod, the patrol ship is bronze in colour and sports a smaller amount of sense globes, which are coloured gold. In addition, the patrol ship is piloted by a single Dalek. The Dalek pilot included within has a black dome and alternating black panels on its base unit - a colour scheme reminiscent of the Dalek saucer commander).
- In addition, a black "stealth" version of the patrol ship was released.