- You may be looking for Dalek pod.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Attack Ships (PROSE: The Whoniverse) bore a vague resemblance to the casing worn by the Time War-era Dalek Emperor. One model was coloured dark grey, (TV: The Day of the Doctor) while another possessed a bronze colourisation. (PROSE: The Whoniverse)
Each pod was piloted by three bronze Daleks, The grey model was armed with a single laser turret, (TV: The Day of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor) while the bronze variant was equipped with more weaponry. (PROSE: The Whoniverse) The Attack Ships also sported three appendages with numerous bumps similar to the sense globes of Dalek base units, though the exact number of bumps depended on the model. (TV: The Day of the Doctor, The Time of the Doctor, PROSE: The Whoniverse)
History[edit | edit source]
During the later stages of the Last Great Time War, a temporal conflict fought between the Time Lords of Gallifrey and the Dalek Empire, a bronze model of Dalek Attack Ship was deployed. (PROSE: The Whoniverse) During the final day of the Time War, multiple grey Attacks Ships participated in the attack on Arcadia. Only one was known to survive the war, sent hurtling through space at the disappearance of Gallifrey and the destruction of the Dalek fleet. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
The New Dalek Paradigm later deployed multiple Attack Ships against the Doctor and the town of Christmas during the Siege of Trenzalore. When the Time Lords granted the Eleventh Doctor a new cycle of regenerations, the energy released as the Doctor regenerated into his twelfth incarnation was enough to blast some of the fighters — and the Dalek mothership — apart. The resulting shockwave obliterated any remaining Dalek forces on the planet. (TV: The Time of the Doctor)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Naming[edit | edit source]
- NOTVALID: Legacy names it a Dalek transporter.
- The name "fighter pod" was given by the BBC Art Department, which designed them. The company Milk VFX assisted in their design.
- The Eaglemoss Doctor Who Figurine Collection calls it a Dalek Gunship.
- The ship was finally identified as a "Dalek Attack Ship" in an in-universe, licensed, narrative source in The Whoniverse. As the only name used in a valid source, it is the name we have chosen to retain on this Wiki.
Dalek patrol ship[edit | edit source]
- A similar vehicle, named the "Dalek patrol ship", was released as a toy by Character Options. Unlike the fighter pod, the patrol ship is bronze in colour and sports a smaller amount of sense globes, which are coloured gold. In addition, the patrol ship is piloted by a single Dalek. The Dalek pilot included within has a black dome and alternating black panels on its base unit - a colour scheme reminiscent of the Dalek saucer commander).
- In addition, a black "stealth" version of the patrol ship was released.