Dalek: The Astounding Untold History of the Greatest Enemies of the Universe was a book about the Daleks. A hybrid of anthology and reference books, it was divided in eight "chapters", each one including a chapter of the titular story, an article of behind-the-scenes reference material, and an unrelated one-part story (prose or comic) featuring the Daleks.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Dalek is the never-before-told history of the Doctor's most dangerous enemies, the famous "Outer Space Robot People" of the planet Skaro — from their genesis in the thousand-year conflict between Thals and Kaleds, to their survival of the Time War and (as foreseen by the Time Lords) their conquest of the universe. Along the way, the authors also reveal all-new stories about these legendary creatures — terrifying near-mythical adventures, startling visual recreations of never-before-seen conflicts, and more. Each of them helps shed new light on what has become the most feared alien race in the universe.
With full-colour illustrations, concept art, cutaways, diagrams, comic strips and more, Dalek is a dramatic retelling of the ascent of the "supreme race", and the story of the mysteries that lurk in unexplored corners of the universe. It is the ultimate celebration of all things Dalek.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Comic stories[edit | edit source]
Prose stories[edit | edit source]
- Dalek: The Astounding Untold History of the Greatest Enemies of the Universe
- Davros Genesis
- The Dalek Invasion of Toyshops
- Infection of the Daleks
- Lost Patrol
- War and Peace
Reference material[edit | edit source]
- How the Daleks were created for TV by George Mann
- Changing Dalek Designs by George Mann
- The voice of the Daleks by Nicholas Briggs
- The Dalek invasion of toyshops by David J. Howe
- Print of the Daleks by Mark Wright
- Daleks in movies and stage shows by George Mann
- Daleks in audio and exhibitions by George Mann
- The Dalek invasion of pop culture by Cavan Scott