The 427th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was current from 21 October through 17 November 2010. It focused on the then upcoming TV: Death of the Doctor. It also stressed a new joint interview with Tom Baker and June Hudson.
- 1 Contents
- 1.1 Articles
- 1.2 Profiles / Interviews
- 1.3 Comic content
- 1.4 Regular features
- 1.5 Special features
- 2 Credits
- "Funeral for a Friend", an investigation of TV: Death of the Doctor
- "It's Show Time!", uncovering the secrets of Doctor Who: The Monsters Are Coming!
Profiles / Interviews
- The Golden Ones part 3
- - Story: Jonathan Morris
- - Pencils: Martin Geraghty
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
The Fact of Fiction
The Watcher's Guide
- Television: none
- DVD: Revisitations 1: The Talons of Weng-Chiang, The Caves of Androzani, Doctor Who.
- Audio: AUDIO: Find and Replace; AUDIO: The Awakening; AUDIO: The Cradle of the Snake, The Book of Kells; AUDIO: Escaping the Future;
- Books: COMIC: The Only Good Dalek, REF: The Brilliant Book 2011, PROSE: The Coming of the Terraphiles;
- "The Wheel of Fortune", a variety of call-in trivia contests, giving away a variety of products.
- Previews of the Series 5 box set' the SJA Series 3 box set; the DVD release of The Seeds of Doom; AUDIO: Starfall, AUDIO: A Death in the Family, Deimos; AUDIO: The Invasion of E-Space; AUDIO: Wraith World, Deadly Download
- "Steven Moffat's guide to Doctor Who in 2011"
- "CGI Effects for DVD release of Day of the Daleks"
- "American characters to join Barrowman and Myles in Torchwood". The article references two characters by different names: Esther Drummond was said to be "Esther Katusi" (the originally intended name for the character before Caucasian actress Alexa Havins was cast after the article was written), and Oswald Danes was said to be "Oswald Jones". Also, at this point, DWM was still calling Torchwood: Miracle Day, "Torchwood: The New World" as this was the title being used by the BBC in publicity. As things turned out The New World was the name of only the first episode of the series.
- "New Games for the Nintendo DS and Wii", an announcement of the coming GAME: Evacuation Earth and Return to Earth.
- "Gallifrey: Fourth Series Announced!"
The Time Team
Beyond the TARDIS
- Short blurbs about upcoming projects for people who worked on Doctor Who. Announcements this time for Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith — all of whom had projects for the BBC in the last quarter of 2010 (The Accused, Single Father and Christopher and His Kind.)
- Announcement of the recovery of a lost ITV Play of the Week from 1962 featuring Patrick Troughton and Joseph Fürst, as well as an episode of the BBC Sunday Night Play from 1961 featuring Bernard Cribbins. These discoveries part of a haul of wiped material found at the Library of Congress in Washington DC
- Announcement of a lecture at BAFTA by Steven Moffat and Sue Vertue on their adaptation of Sherlock
- Announcement of a one man show by Frazer Hines in celebration of his 50th year in show business.
- A variety of theatre notices for Colin Baker, Peter Davison, Sheridan Smith, Michael Gambon, Stephen Greenhorn, Catherine Tate, Jenna Russell and David Troughton.
- Notice of Mark Gatiss' The First Men in the Moon.
- Announcement of Camille Coduri and Russell Tovey in Him and Her.
- Announcement of Graeme Harper directing Coronation Street and Michael Owen Morris directing EastEnders.
- Louis Marks, Geoffrey Burgon and Frank Jarvis obituaries.
- Highlighted letters had to do with Nicholas Briggs and his then-recent turn as Winston Churchill in Doctor Who: The Monsters Are Coming!
- Unusually, the production notes this issue were not by an executive producer. Instead, they came from Neil Gaiman
- to be added
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Designers: Richard Atkinson and Peri Godbold
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell