The 417th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was current from 7 January through 3 February 2010. It was the first new-look issue published after the Eleventh Doctor relaunch. This was also the first cover to display Matt Smith in costume, sporting his tweed and bowtie ensemble and a new model of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver used for the entirety of his tenure.
- Matt Smith is The Doctor
- Matt Smith and his new companion Karen Gillan talk exclusively to Doctor Who Magazine - in their first ever interview together!
- The End of Time - A look into the making of the episode
- Barry Letts a Tribute - A look in Barry Letts' life of Doctor Who.
- Christmas Quiz answers
Profiles / Interviews
- - Story: Dan McDaid
- - Pencil Art: Martin Geraghty
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
The Fact of Fiction
- The Dæmons - Continuing the tribute to Barry Letts, Alan Barnes looks at the 1971 classic adventure that Barry Letts co-wrote and produced...
- - All the latest Doctor Who DVDs, books and CDs reviewed...
Television stories reviewed
- The Peladon Tales Boxset: Episodes consist of...
It's cold outside... so stay in the warm with DWM Issue 418 on 4th February 2010
- The Writers Tale: The Final Chapter
- Letter from the Editor
- Production Notes - Showrunner Steven Moffat reveals the writers for Series Five...
- - Illustration by Ben Morris
- Gallifrey Guardian - All the latest news from every corner of the Doctor Who universe...
- Who On Earth Is - Timothy Dalton