The 402nd issue of Doctor Who Magazine was current from 13 November through 10 December 2008. It detailed the return of Nicholas Courtney as Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and his reunion with Elisabeth Sladen on The Sarah Jane Adventures Series 2 finale, Enemy of the Bane.
- Defender of the Earth - Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart returns to TV this month in The Sarah Jane Adventures! Nicholas Courtney tells Tom Spilsbury why the Brigadier will never truly retire...
- The Agony and the Ecstasy - ...And suddenly it was all over. It seems like only yesterday that DWM was announcing Phil Collinson as Doctor Who's new producer. Five years on, Benjamin Cook caught up with Phil to find out how he's coping now he's left it all behind...
Profiles / Interviews
- Nicholas Courtney (Defender of the Earth)
- Elizabeth Sladen (Defender of the Earth)
- Phil Collinson (The Agony and the Ecstasy)
- Anthony O'Donnell and Samantha Bond (Who On Earth Are...)
The Time Team
- Paradise Towers (episodes 658-661)
- Thinktwice - Part Three
- - Story: Dan McDaid
- - Pencil Art: Martin Geraghty
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
The Fact of Fiction
- Battlefield - Alan Barnes puts on his old uniform and takes a trip sideways in time to uncover the myths of Battlefield. Boooooom!!!
- - Illustration by Ben Willsher
- REF: The Time Traveller's Almanac
- Doctor Who The Official Annual 2009
- REF: The Torchwood Archives
- PROSE: Ghosts of India
- PROSE: Shining Darkness
- PROSE: The Doctor Trap
- AUDIO: The Forever Trap
- BBC: New Adventures CD Box Set
- AUDIO: Empathy Games
- AUDIO: Doctor Who The Stageplays: Seven Keys to Doomsday
- AUDIO: Time Reef
This month, Doctor Who is 45 years old – and there's a special audio release to celebrate! David Darlington finds out more...
- - Illustration by Anthony Dry
You Are Not Alone
- Letter from the Editor
- Production Notes - Russell T Davies writes exclusively for DWM. This issue, Russell goes on tour! Ooh, it's just like This Is Spinal Tap...
- Gallifrey Guardian - All the latest news from every corner of the Doctor Who universe...
- - Illustration by Ben Morris
- Who on Earth Are... - Anthony O'Donnell and Samantha Bond - They're mad, bad and dangerous to know - and back for more in The Sarah Jane Adventures...
- Galaxy Forum
- Win Doctor Who Series 4 DVD box set!
- Win The Sarah Jane Adventures series 1 DVD box set!
- Win Doctor Who series 4 soundtrack on CD!
- Win The Betrothal of Sontar graphic novel!
- Win Doctor Who and the Time Warrior audiobook!
- Win The Curse of the Daleks audio release!
- General (Editor) - Tom Spilsbury
- Brigadier (Assistant Editor) - Peter Ware
- Colonel (Designer) - Peri Godbold
- Sergeant (Designer) - Stuart Manning
- Head of Production - Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor - Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director - Mike Riddell