Issue 333 of Doctor Who Magazine was current 24 July through 20 August 2003. It detailed the release of the webcast Scream of the Shalka, and revealed Richard E Grant would be playing what would have been considered an officially-licensed ninth Doctor. This announcement of a Ninth Doctor would soon be rendered moot, when Russell T Davies was given permission to produce a brand new series of Doctor Who and get it back on the air.
- The Accidental Tourist - Was it Doctor Who's destiny to run on British television for 28 years and to become a national treasure? Or was the secret to the show's success merely down to a string of random coincidences? In the first of a three-part series, Daniel O'Mahony travels back to early 1963 and discovers that we were lucky to see the series at all.
Profiles / Interviews
- Time Gentleman - By 1995, Mark Gatiss had already made quite a name for himself in the Doctor Who world, and was about to become a bigger name in the world at large. Here, in the second part of our in-depth interview, he tells Anthony K McCail about sidesteps to Vancouver, spastic shoes, Spitfires, sentient clouds and stepping inside the spaceship...
- DVD: TV: Earthshock
- DOC: Myth Makers: Philip Segal
- AUDIO: The Mirror Effect
- AUDIO: Creatures of Beauty
- PROSE: Loving the Alien
- NOTVALID: Auld Mortality
- DVD: The Stranger: Summoned by Shadows
- AUDIO: In the Year of the Cat
- PROSE: The Cabinet of Light
- Gallifrey Guardian
- The Time Team - TV: The Time Monster, The Three Doctors
- Space-Time Telegraph
- Editor: Clayton Hickman
- Assistant Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Designer: Paul Burley
- Consultant: Andrew Pixley
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
to be added