It was the first issue to feature new Doctor Who logo based on the logo used in the TV movie, which itself was based on the logo predominantly used throughout Jon Pertwee's Third Doctor era. It would remain the magazine's logo of choice until 2005 with issue 352.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- We're gonna be bigger than Star Wars! - Gary Gillatt speaks with a group of writers about how they would pitch and create a new Doctor Who series. Writers include Paul Cornell, Russell T Davies, Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, Lance Parkin and Gareth Roberts.
- Everything you ever need to know about...Blood Heat compiled by Matt Wicks.
- Thrilling adventures in Time and Space - Part Three Stage Frights by Chris Howarth and Steve Lyons.
Comic content[edit | edit source]
- The Road to Hell - Part Two
Archives[edit | edit source]
Profiles / Interviews[edit | edit source]
Reviews - 'Shelf Life'[edit | edit source]
- Inset mini interview with Mike Tucker
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: 43: A Tribute to William Hartnell - First Doctor
- Doctor Who Miniatures - Harlequin Miniatures
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: 44: Donald Tosh - Script Editor
Regular features[edit | edit source]
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters)
- The life & times of Jackie Jenkins
- The Time Team
Extra Features[edit | edit source]
- Own a piece of Doctor Who history! - Raffle for items from The Curse of Fatal Death production.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor: Gary Gillatt & Alan Barnes
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Production Manager: Liz Teal
- Chief Sub: Jason Quinn
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Miles Stevens-Hoare
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- This is the first magazine to have the blue 1996/Pertwee era logo as part of the Doctor Who Magazine replacing the "diamond logo".
- Included on the front cover was a CD entitled Talking 'Bout My Regeneration, a behind the scenes look at the making of The Sirens of Time, the first original Doctor Who audio drama by Big Finish Productions. The CD featured interviews with Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. According to Jason Haigh-Ellery, this was the first time a CD was included on the cover of Doctor Who Magazine.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]