The 246th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 21 November 1996 and had a cover date of 18 December 1996. This issue addressed the concerns about the prospective future for Doctor Who after the TV movie had failed to warrant the return of the series.
- The mourning after...: A Gallifrey Guardian Special Feature - It is now seven months since the Doctor Who movie hit our TV screens with a frenzy of merchandising and fan celebration. The film - produced in a fragile transatlantic co-production deal - was hoped to relaunch the series to the world but, since its transmission, uncertainty and doubt still cloud the show's future. In the first of a revealing two-part feature, Gary Gillatt looks back at the film's rocky path to our screens and takes stock of the current attitudes towards the show, especially within the BBC. And, in an exclusive interview, Simon J Jerrard catches up with the publicity-shy star of the film, Paul McGann, to ask, well..."What next?"
- PanoptiCon '96 - It's that time again - PanoptiCon '96 took place recently in Coventry and DWM made its presence felt in a variety of ways. Peter Griffiths reports on this successful fan-fest, and tells you exactly what you missed if you couldn't be there...
- 20 forgotten functions of the TARDIS! by Steve Lyons and Chris Howarth
- Endgame - Part Three
Interviews / Profiles
- The Fun Makers - In the first of a two-part interview Peter Griffiths speaks to long-time Doctor Who director Pennant Roberts about his earliest work on the series...
- This could be the start of something BIG! - The John Nathan-Turner Memoirs: Chapter 10 - Season Twenty-Four
Reviews by Dave Owen
- PROSE: Bad Therapy
- PROSE: Cold Fusion
- REF: The Completely Useless Encyclopedia
- LASERDISC: TV: Day of the Daleks
- LASERDISC: TV: The Ark in Space
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Crazy Caption!
- Fluid Links - Dear Bernice... by Matthew Jones
to be added