The 241st issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 4 July 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 31 July 1996. It served as a tribute to the late Jon Pertwee and his portrayal of the Third Doctor. Pertwee had recently passed away at the age of 76, and this issue was the magazine's farewell to the beloved actor.
Comic content Edit
- Ground Zero - Part Four
Telesnap archives Edit
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Jon Pertwee a tribute - Over the course of seven decades, the unique talent of the late Jon Pertwee entertained millions. Stephen Cartwright pays tribute to the man and his work.
- Jon Pertwee remembered:
- Nicholas Courtney played Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart opposite Jon Pertwee's Doctor in seventeen Doctor Who serials and two radio plays. Initially brought together by work, they went on to become very close friends off set as well as on.
- Former Doctor Who producer John Nathan-Turner worked with Jon Pertwee -in different capacities - on countless occasions; during which time they developed a strong friendship.
- Stuart Money founded and ran Jon Pertwee's fan club in the 1970s. Over the years, this 'business' relationship developed into something far more meaningful for both of them. Stuart was to become a familiar face at Doctor Who conventions, to which he frequently accompanied Jon as his assistant and dear friend
- Out of the TARDIS - On 17 April 1996, a month before his untimely death, DWM visited Jon Pertwee's home, brandishing the TARDIS tin. Reproduced in full below are Jon's unmissable anecdotal responses to the questions he pulled out in what was sadly to become his last interview...
- Invasion plans - Chris D'Oyly-John had a variety of behind-the-scenes roles on Doctor Who. As a production manager he worked on many of the most memorable Jon Pertwee serials. In a two-part interview, he speaks to Peter Griffiths about Doctor Who's often troubled production.
Shelf Life Edit
Reviews by Dave Owen
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Crazy Caption!
- Editor: Gary Gillatt
- Assistant Editor: Scott Gray
- Designer: Paul Vyse
- Production: Mark Irvine & Andrew Parslow
- Marketing Manager: Miles Stevens-Hoare
- Art Director: Helen Nally
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Richard Maskell
Additional details Edit
to be added