The 240th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 6 June 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 3 July 1996. While images of the Eighth Doctor's TARDIS had appeared in previous issues, this was the first issue to have the interior of the TARDIS from the TV movie on the cover.
- Executive decisions - The Doctor's most important ally in the last seven years has been Philip Segal, one of the executive producers of the new TV movie. While on location in Vancouver, Gary Gillatt spoke to him about his efforts to return the Time Lord to our screens...
- Coincidental Music - Compiled by The Monitor
- Things to do in San Francisco when you're dead. - After seven long years Doctor Who is back. But is it what we've been waiting for? DWM editor Gary Gillatt takes a closer look...
- The 1996 Doctor Who Magazine Survey Results! - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Ground Zero - Part Three
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles
- East of Eden - Mark Eden talks to Steve Lyons and Chris Howarth about his eponymous role in the Sixties serial Marco Polo.
- Listen, do you want to know a secret? - The John Nathan-Turner Memoirs: Chapter Eight - Season Twenty-Two Part Two
Reviews by Dave Owen
- REF: Doctor Who - The Script of the Film
- PROSE: Doctor Who - The Novel of the Film
- VIDEO: DOC: Bidding Adieu: A Video Diary
- VIDEO: Movies: Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.|Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (Digitally Remastered Wide Screen Edition)
- PROSE: Decalog 3: Consequences
- PROSE: The Scales of Injustice
- PROSE: Christmas on a Rational Planet
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Crazy Caption!
- Editor: Gary Gillatt
- Assistant Editor: Scott Gray
- Editorial Assistant: Alan Barnes
- Designer: Paul Vyse
- Assistant Designer: Daniel Rachel
- Production: Mark Irvine & Andrew Parslow
- Marketing Manager: Miles Stevens-Hoare
- Art Director: Helen Nally
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Richard Maskell
to be added