The 240th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 6 June 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 3 July 1996. While images of the Eighth Doctor's TARDIS had appeared in previous issues, this was the first issue to have the interior of the TARDIS from the TV movie on the cover.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Executive decisions - The Doctor's most important ally in the last seven years has been Philip Segal, one of the executive producers of the new TV movie. While on location in Vancouver, Gary Gillatt spoke to him about his efforts to return the Time Lord to our screens...
- Coincidental Music - Compiled by The Monitor
- Things to do in San Francisco when you're dead. - After seven long years Doctor Who is back. But is it what we've been waiting for? DWM editor Gary Gillatt takes a closer look...
- The 1996 Doctor Who Magazine Survey Results! - Including 'The Hit Parade'
Comic content[edit | edit source]
- Ground Zero - Part Three
Archives[edit | edit source]
Telesnap archives[edit | edit source]
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles[edit | edit source]
- East of Eden - Mark Eden talks to Steve Lyons and Chris Howarth about his eponymous role in the Sixties serial Marco Polo.
- Listen, do you want to know a secret? - The John Nathan-Turner Memoirs: Chapter Eight - Season Twenty-Two Part Two
Shelf Life[edit | edit source]
Reviews by Dave Owen
- REF: Doctor Who - The Script of the Film
- PROSE: Doctor Who - The Novel of the Film
- VIDEO: DOC: Bidding Adieu: A Video Diary
- VIDEO: Movies: Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (Digitally Remastered Wide Screen Edition)
- PROSE: Decalog 3: Consequences
- PROSE: The Scales of Injustice
- PROSE: Christmas on a Rational Planet
Regular features[edit | edit source]
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Crazy Caption!
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor: Gary Gillatt
- Assistant Editor: Scott Gray
- Editorial Assistant: Alan Barnes
- Designer: Paul Vyse
- Assistant Designer: Daniel Rachel
- Production: Mark Irvine & Andrew Parslow
- Marketing Manager: Miles Stevens-Hoare
- Art Director: Helen Nally
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Richard Maskell
Additional details[edit | edit source]
to be added